Aeon Nox movie cases?
Hi,

I've done a fair bit of searching, but can't find an exact answer. I was wondering if the Aeon Nox skin has more then just the standard Bluray and DVD template cases for movies? Ie, does it also have HDDVD, HDTV, etc?

I've got my movie files tagged properly so the skin correctly identifies if the movie is a Bluray or HDDVD via the media tags, but all HD movies just get the Bluray cover regardless.

Should movies tagged as HDDVD be assigned a HDDVD cover? If not, is there a way I can add this in? Is there a mod, or a particular skin that supports this feature?

Cheers,
Zolt
I decided to follow the formats that are currently available in the stores, so only bluray and dvd cases are supported. The source flags will show you what source the original file was from.
Thanks mate. Upon further searching I found that the Aeon MQ 2 skin had the covers I was looking for, so am using that now.

I can understand not including HDDVD covers in your skin, but HDTV is a valid medium.

Cheers,
Zolt
Actually I'm glad that Nox only has DVD and BD cases. I mean, go in a local store and what will you find? Exactly. BDs & DVDs. So why include cases which aren't existing (anymore).
I don't disagree entirely, but other things to take into consideration are:
  • A movie collection doesn't just consist of what is available now. Ie, HDDVD is no longer a current format, but it still exists in many movie collections
  • HDTV is a current and valid format, and giving them BluRay covers is ambiguous
Another workaround (which is something that Aeon MQ 2 skin also does), is to have some generic cases. Ie, if something is HD and not a BluRay, give it a generic H264 case, or just a plain case with a different colour.

Mainly I am being fussy, but giving all HD content BluRay covers is peculiar, as there are many other HD mediums.

Cheers,
Zolt
it's a good thing XBMC has a lot of skins, so everybody finds something to suit there needs.
Choque Wrote:Actually I'm glad that Nox only has DVD and BD cases. I mean, go in a local store and what will you find? Exactly. BDs & DVDs. So why include cases which aren't existing (anymore).

Umm, maybe because people like me and probably alot others have movie collections that include HDTV, HDDVD etc so thats why I use MQ2....
Like Big_Noid said, that's why there are many skins for XBMC. Just pick the one which suits you. I for example don't like the H.264 cases of MQ2. And since my collection is only ripped DVD and BDs, I don't have a problem with the fact that Nox only has these two cases.
There is no argument that the creators of the skin can do whatever they want, as they are putting in the hard work, so they can rightly include/exclude whatever covers they want.

What is incorrect, is to make statements that BluRay is the only valid HD format. That can't be debated, as it is it an indisputable fact that there are more HD formats then just BluRay, irrespective of what you find at "local store".

Cheers,
Zolt
Well, that's not true. There were only two valid formats which were available in cases, HD DVD and BluRay of which the latter is now the only HD format that is available in a case. HDTV is en was never available in a case.
Hate to bump an old thread but is there any way we could get hdtv cases in this skin like aeon mq3? Its one of the only things missing from this skin, i otherwise prefer it to mq3, but i have a few hdtv rips from my cable company and the beautiful thing about cases is my entire library is mostly blu-rays but the odd movie is an hdtv rip since its not available on blu-ray and the hdtv cases make it easily identifiable. It would be fantastic to see it included.

Also would it be possible to manually change cases to whatever we want, it seems in xbmc everything relies 100 percent on scraping, but xbmc does not always scrape or identify files properly, it would nice to be able to manually select my own case if it detects a file incorrectly. I have a few blurays its picking up as dvd because the extras in the bluray are standard definition.
Nope, sorry no hdtv cases. I'm gonna stick to what's available in the stores right now.
It's not possible to manually change the case, because it's picked up by XBMC's resolution detection. I think you can change it in the nfo, but it changes it right back when playing iirc.
Ouch its really the only thing i am missing from this skin.

Would there be anyway we the user could manually add an hdtv case if we would like? I dont know if thats possible for the end user?
Sorry guys can i just ask a stupid question? How do you even turn on the DVD and BluRay cases in Aeon Nox? I've been fiddling for ages trying to make it so to no avail. I'm pretty sure I've gone through everything in both the 'Movie' section (side settings) as well as the main 'Settings' menu tab itself. I love this skin and have just switched back to it for a change (:
(2012-03-31, 06:10)iskybibble Wrote: Sorry guys can i just ask a stupid question? How do you even turn on the DVD and BluRay cases in Aeon Nox? I've been fiddling for ages trying to make it so to no avail. I'm pretty sure I've gone through everything in both the 'Movie' section (side settings) as well as the main 'Settings' menu tab itself. I love this skin and have just switched back to it for a change (:

There is a view mode called DVD Cases

that is where you will see the cases
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox movie cases?0