Wesena built-in IR, RC260 Remote, Harmony
Hey,

So I have a new Wesena case with built-in IR. It comes with this remote:

"The new model, RC260 uses - developed by Philips - Microsoft IR Remote Control for total Windows Media Center functionality. Works with Wesena IR only. (Shipped with IR receiver)"

I am having major problems programming my harmony remote to use the built-in receiver. I read one post on another forum which indicates this receiver may not support the full e-home IR suite of commands.

Most of the buttons work. But the ones that don't are crucial! Basically the remote is sending key-combo's instead of direct keys. I've tried mapping it in harmony software as a MCE remote, and as a MCE keyboard. Neither work very well. If I customize buttons, so that I can use the 'info', 'context menu', 'end', and advanced functions like mapping the F10-F12 keys, those don't ever work.

Basically what is working is directions, back, enter, play/pause.

Is there anyone else in my situation or that can clue me in on what's missing?
See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi..._with_XBMC

See http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/ for the Showkey and KeyMapEdit utilities.

You need to work out if your remote uses the Microsoft eHome driver. If your Harmony works, even to a limited extent, when configured as an MCE remote that suggests your remote is using eHome. In that case see:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...in_Windows

JR
Its definitely not an eHome driver, although some funtions appear to be supported.

wondering if it might be easier to just swap to a cheap usb dongle like I had previously. The one advantage of this setup is the circuit board actually has the pc power-button harness, so it can cold-boot the system from the remote. Which is strange, because the remote power button is actually pressing alt-F4.

Thanks very much for the links, showkey will be useful.
vinistois Wrote:Its definitely not an eHome driver, although some funtions appear to be supported.

wondering if it might be easier to just swap to a cheap usb dongle like I had previously. The one advantage of this setup is the circuit board actually has the pc power-button harness, so it can cold-boot the system from the remote. Which is strange, because the remote power button is actually pressing alt-F4.

Thanks very much for the links, showkey will be useful.

Were you able to solve the problem? I have a Wesena ITX-2 with the built in IR receiver and Im trying to get EventGhost to work with it but it only register key strokes and not IR commands. Eventghost said for me to install some speedbit (i think thats what it was called) drivers but when I do that pressing most buttons gives weird commands that arent actual events
are the issues have been fixed? im interested to buy this remote.

thanks.
No.

The remote itself is nothing special, there are other options out there. The case isn't as great as it seems, overall I was not happy with it. I went to a roomier case, and life has been better. If you already have the case, I would use the circuit board IR device just to wake the system, and a flirc for everything else.
Hi vinistois,
I own the Wesena ITX7 myself, and I think this receiver should work well because it has been reprogrammed: http://www.shop.perfecthometheater.com/I...ceiver.htm
I wanted to order one for myself but unfortunately they don't ship to Belgium.
yeah I'm just not sure if its even worthwhile.

For my installation, the circuit board did not even fit, I had to bend the terminals. In bending, the solders broke. After re-soldering, the unit did not work. I figured out the mis-labelling of the manual through testing, and finally got it working.

Even still, once it was all working, it was flaky. It would sometimes not boot, and was generally very slow to respond.

Maybe they have reprogrammed it to work better, but its still not worth it. For the price, just get a FLIRC, and the problems are gone. The FLIRC is proven, supported, easy, and just works.
vinistois

thank you.
if the wesena case is bad, what are other alternatives that are better than the wesena case? most cases available on the market are plastic panel and steel body. wesena is full alluminium. the other case that i know are fully aluminium are from lian li.

having own a silver stone raven 2, my next case would be fully aluminium. i just hate plastic front panel.
I have a Wesena ITX6 case with the Wesena IR receiver and according to this, it Allows the use of a standard MCE remote control Supports power on/off by remote control. Standard remote distance:10m.

I bought the Philips RC260 Remote as well (it was only $11 more so I figured it was worth it in order to have a programming source for my Harmony 600)

But I cannot get this receiver to recognise my Microsoft MCE remote (I'm using OpenELEC). I can plug in the MCE receiver and the MCE remote works perfectly.

Is there a trick to getting this receiver working with a standard MCE remote in XBMC (loading a module, changing a config file, anything)? I really do not want to go through the hassle of finding another RC6 IR receiver to cannibalise to get it to fit where the Wesena receiver currently sits
(2012-11-12, 01:21)calris Wrote: Is there a trick to getting this receiver working with a standard MCE remote in XBMC (loading a module, changing a config file, anything)? I really do not want to go through the hassle of finding another RC6 IR receiver to cannibalise to get it to fit where the Wesena receiver currently sits

I am interested in this question as well. I have a e5 with the built in IR receiver/remote. It appears that it each button is mapped to a different keyboard key or combination. And the IR reciever doesn't seem to want to accept any commands BUT those that are explicitly mapped (despite it registering as keystrokes). I suspect something to do with RC 260 protocol that I can't seem to find enough info for online. I'm gonna give one of these a whirl (http://shop.inteset.com/inteset-cir-rece...therboards) and I'm gonna try flirc. I don't want an external usb dongle, but I've heard such good things about it, I might get crazy, crack it open and mount it inside...or at least try...
Might want to check out this streacom IR thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=167500
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
I have a Wesena ITX7 case with the IR receiver. I am using a Harmony remote and I was able to get the MCE remote profile working with no problem, however, the MCE Keyboard profile doesn't register anything. After pulling my hair out for days, I called the guy from perfecthometheater and he told me that the IR receiver doesn't support IR keyboards. He advised me to look at the remote reprogramming software (although he admits to never using it before), but since I didn't buy the remote and I intend to use the Harmony, I haven't really looked into it. I'm sure there are some workarounds such as remapping keys in the keyboard.xml, but I think I'm just going to throw in the towel and buy a different IR receiver. Only concern is getting it to power up from the remote. Still working on a solution for this. Just my 2 cents on the experience.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wesena built-in IR, RC260 Remote, Harmony0