• 145(current)
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2
keibertz Wrote:is the Watchlist Script working without bugs now ?
Or are they still the same bug with frozen homemenu ?

- Extrafanart Downloader (will be replaced by Artwork Downloader)
Must the user download the Artwork Downloader manuell or will the autoupdate from the repro change from Extrafanart Downloader to Artwork Downloader automatical when Artwork Downloader is released on repro ?
Logo Downloader will be a part from Artwork Downloader too ?

It will indeed replace logo-downloader. You have to install it yourself so no automatic install (unless it is required by skins).
We asked the xbmc dev's for the best way (we were thinking of indeed auto install) however they said it was best that they would mark it as broken.
You can already install it. An early version is available from passion-xbmc repo or see our download section for a more up-to-date version
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
PatrickBateman Wrote:Hmmm....

"Black Stone"
"Dark Stone"
"Stark" a cross between stone and dark Big Grin
"Stone v2"
"Stone-D" Laugh

(pokes nose in)

Obsidian??

butchabay Wrote:Don't need to be ready for the weekend. I hope i'll get 2.07 done for x-mas.
Looking forward to see what you've done Smile

Ahh I see, that's very good news,
I though you were looking to relase at the weekend, but I assume that's to commit to the SVN Nod

So far I've done a new default CD for stone, and 10 random stone themed CDs for random cd art.

I've been struggling with the MPAA stuff as i can't get it to blend quite right, it's actually really awkward to get right... If I do get them, I'll only do the us MPAA ones at first, others will follow. I looked at doing the imdb 250 today but noticed its not an editable file? I'll look into tht more later as its easily fixable.

Then I'm looking at editing a really nice default "global wallpaper" for stone, something that really compliments the skin and it's stone themed images...

It'll get there, slowly but surly.. Smile
ialand Wrote:(pokes nose in)

Obsidian??

I like that...
It's a cool sounding name, is an actual rock/stone, and its natural colurs are a close match to the colours of the theme so far and where I'm heading with it (hence the change to black today)...

Although I'm not sure that the name is as elegant or sophisticated as my incredibly articulate suggestions Laugh Wink

I might pop up a few samples later butch but to be honest, they look much better in action that they do in the screens Nod
Latecomer to this skin after playing with Aeon MQ3 and Neon SVN since starting with XBMC.

This is now my new favourite and default skin, it's clean, simple to navigate and the viewtypes aren't too cluttered and the fanart view takes full use of a widescreen TV for maximum effect.

Wife approval factor is also very high.

Is it possible to create an option in the skin settings to customise the home menu with addon scripts playlists rather than the current submenu option for Add Ons? If not a high priority I'm happy to edit the relevant xml file to create a addons home menu item for myself.

The reason why I ask is that I'm using the PlexBMC addon. My aim is to only display TV Shows, Settings and Customised Addons on the home menu for Cirrus Extended V2 in XBMC. Then label the PlexBMC addon on the XBMC home menu as Movies so that it launches the Cirrus PlexBMC skin showing only media links for Movies, Photos, Music and Plex Online.

I prefer how Plex displays a menu selection under Movies where you can filter by category/genre/recently added, released, collections etc which is great when you have an extensive library. Smart playlists are great as well but are limited by how many are included by the skin's creator, which is never enough for me and tends to clutter the home menu, when you also include favourites for the kids.

At the moment I'm using the Addon submenu but it's not intuitive for the family if I remove Movies from the XBMC home menu so customising it would be of great benefit for me.
Kokonutcreme Wrote:Latecomer to this skin after playing with Aeon MQ3 and Neon SVN since starting with XBMC.

This is now my new favourite and default skin, it's clean, simple to navigate and the viewtypes aren't too cluttered and the fanart view takes full use of a widescreen TV for maximum effect.

Wife approval factor is also very high.

Is it possible to create an option in the skin settings to customise the home menu with addon scripts playlists rather than the current submenu option for Add Ons? If not a high priority I'm happy to edit the relevant xml file to create a addons home menu item for myself.

The reason why I ask is that I'm using the PlexBMC addon. My aim is to only display TV Shows, Settings and Customised Addons on the home menu for Cirrus Extended V2 in XBMC. Then label the PlexBMC addon on the XBMC home menu as Movies so that it launches the Cirrus PlexBMC skin showing only media links for Movies, Photos, Music and Plex Online.

I prefer how Plex displays a menu selection under Movies where you can filter by category/genre/recently added, released, collections etc which is great when you have an extensive library. Smart playlists are great as well but are limited by how many are included by the skin's creator, which is never enough for me and tends to clutter the home menu, when you also include favourites for the kids.

At the moment I'm using the Addon submenu but it's not intuitive for the family if I remove Movies from the XBMC home menu so customising it would be of great benefit for me.

The skin has the option to hide menu items you're not using, and you can then add custom items via the skin options page as well (Butcha has a page which explains the menu ordering).

If that's not quite what you want, then you can dive into the xml files and customise the menu so it's exactly to your liking (it's what I do!).
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
I am having a problem that seems specific to Cirrus. I have added an entry to the main menu (I'm using the horizontal menu) for an addon I use a lot (Psuedo TV). I added the following to IncludesHomeMainMenuHorz.xml:

Code:
<item id="30">
  <label>Pseudo tv</label>
  <onclick>RunAddon(script.pseudotv)</onclick>
  <icon>special://skin/backgrounds/movies.jpg</icon>
  <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Movies_Folder)]</thumb>
</item>

It works fine except that when I exit the addon and it returns me to the main menu, Pseudo TV is highlighted, but I can't do anything. No button presses (or keyboard presses) illicit a response. If I refresh the skin or if I hit the backslash button on the keyboard everything will work fine.

I've tried the same thing in Confluence and it works perfectly fine. After exiting the addon I am returned to the main menu and all button presses act as expected. What could be happening in Cirrus to cause this?

I should add that when it returns to the main menu, but I can't navigate, I can still here the button click sounds as if it were navigating.
Maybe because id 30 is already used? Try another id and be sure it's not reserved.
Sorry but, i can't understand why you should edit the xml, while you can add items to home menu!
butchabay Wrote:Maybe because id 30 is already used? Try another id and be sure it's not reserved.
Sorry but, i can't understand why you should edit the xml, while you can add items to home menu!

Id 30 is not used by anything else in that xml. I edited the xml because I use a modified 2.05 and even though I added PTV as a favorite, nothing would show up in add a favorte to the main menu list. It was always empty.

I just tried doing that in 2.06 and I can now add it that way. I did that and removed my xml entry and it still behaves the same way. So that's not the answer either.

EDIT: I just tried adding it to them main menu in Focus and it, like Confluence, it acts normally returning me to the main menu and all navigation working as expected.
I think pseudo tv was modified for cirrus v1, go and try to change the name in pseudo tv folder under skins, rename the folder name from cirrus extended to cirrus extended v2 and see what happens, else i have no clue what is causing this behaviour.
It's just a suggestion, let me know.
That didn't fix it.
So i'll try to install ptv on my machine and see i find a solution.
Hey Butch,

Sorry if this is an obviuos question - haven't been able to find the answer.

Under the Videos Menu there is a Music Video Submenu. Can you advise how this is populated? I haven't got any items appearing there and can't see how to add them?

Still loving the skin man!
MaxHeadroom Wrote:Hey Butch,

Sorry if this is an obviuos question - haven't been able to find the answer.

Under the Videos Menu there is a Music Video Submenu. Can you advise how this is populated? I haven't got any items appearing there and can't see how to add them?

Still loving the skin man!
]

You need to have a source that scans for Music Video Smile (and I named the source 'Music Videos'

HOWEVER! I was about to pipe in on this subject.. what would it take to make MUSIC VIDEOS a top level menu item?

Movies
TV Shows
Music
Music Videos

Huh
A little tinkering and I've answered my own question - Scrapper related :-)
  • 145(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v213