• 69(current)
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2
MaRINoL Wrote:Perhaps something has been lost in translation here.

Pre-Eden builds for ATV2 are available here: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/darwin/atv2/

I can't get the skin to install properly on mine, however.

I downloaded your 2.0.5 update from your Mediafire link

So ady199 could install it on atv2 ... maybe you should ask him ?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=875...count=1018
butchabay Wrote:Yo mate ! Glad you like it ... i know what it means.
Thanx for the bug report of watched overlay, i'm still not happy with the episode view, i'm going to code a new one from scratch, so it will be a unique separate view ...

The black background was an idea to improve the speed of transitions between image fading. When scrolling through library mode now you have a nicer fading between the fanarts, earlier the default video background was always showing between fading, so i changed a lot of code to have this nice transition.

About backgrounds for addons ... hmm i don't know which one you mean, but you could take a look in the background folder and just rename with a new one.

For the widget i'll tell you which lines to remove and i hope now i get time to make the covers bigger in fanart view (as promised) Smile

You've tried the option Custom Random Fanart on home ?

Cheers ...

Yup custom random fanart on home was the first thing i did Big Grin saved me at least 10 minutes of changing each one manually... Now 1 click and all my backgrounds were the same (as I wanted) The speed improvement by doing that is huge, I'm surprised more people don't do it Laugh

Yea the new black (when no fanart) is awesome. Even scrolling iplayer etc looks more classy as it's just a glossy black screen with a gorgeous font and no images hanging around. Very quick and very elegant.

Fanart view is defiantly faster when navigating throight the movies, it seems to switch between fan arts much quicker and feels much more responsive.

Re-coding tv shows No I love the fanart view for tv shows, fanart is by far the best view IMHO. It needs a little tweak here and there but I think it's a gorgeous looking view, it has everything you need at a glance and is consistent with the movie fanart view. It needs tweaking, but I like sooo much. It's the only view I use through out the skin (well and list view for iplayer etc)

Yea, I looked for the "add ons" Wallpaper in the extras and media folder, however was unable to find it ... Basically from the home screen, select .... Ohhh... Blush I've embarrassed me self... I just realised the wallpaper it's showing is the wallpaper encoded into the plugin I was highliting lol (such as advanced launcher etc) lol ohh well problem solved Rolleyes

As for the files, there is no hurry, just when ever you get a chance, slightly larger posters in fanart view will be a welcome addition soon, but don't worry man, you've done an amazing job and I think there are only a few tweaks left to do to fan art view then it'll be perfect!

Thanks again, I can't stop looking at it and navigating around it, it's stunning!
@pat
Hey dude, what's your impression browsing through your library with your HIGH END REVO Smile please go through every view and tell me if it's working super fast with dds fanart enabled.
butchabay Wrote:So ady199 could install it on atv2 ... maybe you should ask him ?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=875...count=1018

Yep i've installed it on my ATV 2 - the only problem I've got is that the fan art in coverflow view in movies is really, really slow
ady199 Wrote:Yep i've installed it on my ATV 2 - the only problem I've got is that the fan art in coverflow view in movies is really, really slow

Ok, i'm going to take a look and send you the file for only that view to see if only coverflow is affected ok ?
butchabay Wrote:Ok, i'm going to take a look and send you the file for only that view to see if only coverflow is affected ok ?

Ok thanks - sorry to sound thick but what do I do with the file?
ady199 Wrote:Ok thanks - sorry to sound thick but what do I do with the file?

You just have to replace it in the 720p folder.
butchabay Wrote:You just have to replace it in the 720p folder.

Many thanks and sorry for being a pain in the a**e
ady199 Wrote:Many thanks and sorry for being a pain in the a**e

No problem,

what about all other views? Are they scrolling fast enogh ?
butchabay Wrote:@pat
Hey dude, what's your impression browsing through your library with your HIGH END REVO Smile please go through every view and tell me if it's working super fast with dds fanart enabled.

Well,

Here is that feedback...

Fanart view... Like butter
Fanart slide... Like butter
Half wall... Like butter
Big poster.. Like butter
Cover flow... Animation is poor between title transition but useable
Compact... Poor stutter fest (on scrolling)
List... Poor stutter fest (on scrolling)
Right list... Poor stutter fest (on scrolling)

I don't use any other view except fanart and that's working amazingly.

Update:
The transition effect in all views is as fast as lighting, in fact it's a little bit frightening.... But it's done with expert timing....

However, what I mean by "stutter fest" is infact "scrolling" down/through the list of movies... Scrolling seems sticky like walking through thick mud... Transition between each individual movie fanart is fast, perfect, but scrolling from say A to D is a nightmare Sad but in all views thr transistion between fan arts is pretty much perfect...
butchabay Wrote:No problem,

what about all other views? Are they scrolling fast enogh ?

They seem to be slow as well

I also get a script error with tv next aired
ady199 Wrote:They seem to be slow as well

I also get a script error with tv next aired

With fanart enabled or disabled ?

The script error is not skin related !
butchabay Wrote:With fanart enabled or disabled ?

The script error is not skin related !

Both....
Butcha, I'll try to install one of the nightly versions tonight and then update the random movie script.
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
Ok, this evening i'm going to try something, there is something i've noticed: once the movie is refreshed (info --> refresh), then i scroll to that movie it slows down, but all the others are fluid. So it seems that every that has been refreshed and cashed all the thumbs and fanarts it slows down the scrolling. I didn't had this slowlyness when i've setup my library from scratch.
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v213