• 133(current)
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2
No way! But why you should change the order of context menu?
Butch,

Is there any chance you would consider going back to the old popup menu for "resume" play options and el_p script.

I'm finding that left hand menu a tad... Awkward and a little ugly. There is a small graphical error when selecting the top item (resume) when clicking on a movie. The White/highlight comes out over the top of the menu.

I personally loved the menu that appeared in the middle of the screen, it's where I would expect it to be and for movies it was very intuitive and appeared where your eyes naturally rested.

This new left hand menu is ... Sligghtly counter intuitive I think... It's not as pretty, a little bit fiddely and not quite where I'd expect it to be.

If not, no worries I'll get used it Smile but there is a small graphical glitch that needs fixing Big Grin

Cheers bro and looking forward to seeing what's coming next Smile
butchabay Wrote:No way! But why you should change the order of context menu?

To make it more user-friendly by putting the items in order of their usefulness. I know it depends on the user, but I've often felt that most XBMC menu items are are ordered strangely. Like in movies or TV shows, I've always wondered why the watched toggle isn't the default item when you go into that menu. It would seem to me that that is likely to be the most used item for the majority of users.
PatrickBateman Wrote:Butch,

Is there any chance you would consider going back to the old popup menu for "resume" play options and el_p script.

I'm finding that left hand menu a tad... Awkward and a little ugly. There is a small graphical error when selecting the top item (resume) when clicking on a movie. The White/highlight comes out over the top of the menu.

I personally loved the menu that appeared in the middle of the screen, it's where I would expect it to be and for movies it was very intuitive and appeared where your eyes naturally rested.

Depends what Butcha wants to do, but I've still got the files if you want the pop up style back.
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
Hey el_p Big Grin

Yea, please...I think I'd like to go back as it just feels and looks (to me) to be more Intuitive and prettier.

I like the side menu for main menu style items, but I find that such a huge menu is a bit overkill for:

Resume xx:xx
Play from beginning

By reverting back though, will this cause any issues for new options that get added to the menus?

For example, butch added some new items to the side bar such as auto update, will this affect these updates/changes etc or should it cause me no problems at all.

Cheers el-p Smile
@pat
You're talking about context menu and not el_p's menu!
I'm honest i like it on the left side as it's consistent with all the rest.
About the glitch sure i can make it look better, just hadn't time as i'm hard working on the new watchlist script support! Smile
Hey butch,

Yea the "play" menu etc just seems overkill as it covers 1/4 of the screen just to give me 2 options. It seems a tad... Not right.

I'm all for consistence Big Grin but it doesn't feel right, I like the old menu for play and resume and el_p's script etc...

Looking forward to this new watched section though, youre pumping in some great features bro and i hope it keeps coming! Nod
Watchlist Integration Part1:

To Do:

Horizontal Layout
Movies Section
PatrickBateman Wrote:Hey butch,

Yea the "play" menu etc just seems overkill as it covers 1/4 of the screen just to give me 2 options. It seems a tad... Not right.

I'm all for consistence Big Grin but it doesn't feel right, I like the old menu for play and resume and el_p's script etc...

Looking forward to this new watched section though, youre pumping in some great features bro and i hope it keeps coming! Nod

You really should know that you can trust me Smile That menu isn't yet finished, so you may change opinion when it's done! And you will Smile
Cheers
butchabay Wrote:You really should know that you can trust me Smile That menu isn't yet finished, so you may change opinion when it's done! And you will Smile
Cheers

Your probably right, I'm just soooo impatient Laugh

Those screens look great, I'm dying to get Extrafanart setup on my machine! Still no database yet, but it's getting there Smile
butchabay Wrote:Watchlist Integration Part1:

snip

Ahhh-mazing! Best theme ever. I'm sorry for ever doubting you Big Grin
It's looking good butch..
How long before we get this in the svn Wink

Just as an update,
I've tried the code for removing weather, it hasn't made any real difference tbh, which is weird as it is showing Thst weather is "disabled" now in the settings.

However, it still shows busy on the home screen ,and when this happens, my HTPC slows to a crawl.

It's no big deal, but just thought I'd let you know that it doesn't really solve them issue as I assume xbmc is doing something internally when it comes to weather.

Cant wait for it to be removed from xbmc completely Nod
I've removed weather fetching and alligned the original cirrus to the right.
I'll get finished watchlist support this evening and i'll commit to svn.
Note: Watchlist will be available only for nightlies !!!
butchabay Wrote:I've removed weather fetching and alligned the original cirrus to the right.
I'll get finished watchlist support this evening and i'll commit to svn.
Note: Watchlist will be available only for nightlies !!!

Fantastic!
Weather has been bugging The life out of me, thanks butch Nod

Looking Forward to testing the new sections, but I'm still yet to get my DB into xbmc yet as im consistently getting unmanageable bugs with the nightlies.

Today's nightly for example, has a major bug in it! From a clean install, It cant see any drive other than my C drive, therefore I can't add drive/source Oo

However if I manually force/add a drive, it doubles up in the files view Oo

What a mess Eek
Commited to SVN:

- Removed Weather Fetching
- Alligned Original Cirrus Clock
- Strings
- Support script.watchlist Download V0.0.4

Keep in mind that script.watchlist is still under dev !

TODO: Watchlist support Horizontal Layout
  • 133(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v213