• 165(current)
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2
butchabay Wrote:Create your own folder, Backgrounds and just replace them.

I don't understand where the problem is ...

EDIT: By the way if you customize your backgrounds with background customizer, you won't loose them after every update.

System-->Skin-->Customize Backgrounds

You answered the question yourself Big Grin

People's mood changes. So they may change the Background Set (new term Smile or "Background Theme" maybe? ) which gives the 'look' to their system. Or they may want to try out a background set to see how it looks.

Make a Background folder and move/replace it in - sure works, but you get down in the bowels of the skin, and lose it on the next update. Myself I'm on a straight LIVE setup, so direct access into the folders isn't easy (not all of us are Linux guru's Oo).

Change out all them all System-->Skin-->Customize Backgrounds. Sure, works.. but takes a LONG time and if you don't like it takes a while to go back.

System--> Skin--> Customize Backgrounds -- > Background Set

Choose Background Set - lets you choose a folder anywhere on the system or even on other shares, the skin loads the backgrounds from there (and if a background isn't defined, uses the default). And retains it across new versions.

Default Background Set - uses the skin default for all backgrounds.

SURE you can do it the other ways. But this would be simpler, easier, faster, easier to change to something else, easier to get back to the default, harder to screw something up when you're down in the skin structure, opens up a new customization meme (you could put Background Sets in repositories if you wanted maybe?, downloads a folder of backgrounds) that anyone could do simply without having to get in the guts of the skin, lose on an update and switch out quickly, simply and easily Smile

(gets off her soapbox)
@el_p
Sure, let me know when you're ready. Don't waste your time for dharma, as i won't update anymore.
@ialand
Possible yes, but that would mean a hell of work! Smile
I can't tell much about linux, but is there a way to use tortoise svn? If yes you should switch, then you don't need to download the hole skin on every update.
el_Paraguayo Wrote:Oo

Thanks very much!

Also, just to let everyone know, I've updated the random movie script with a couple of new features. Pat's doing some testing and then I'll make it available for the skin.

thx i use it every time when i have no idear what i want to look Big Grin

tortoise svn is only for Windows but there are some programms like it for linux http://www.harecoded.com/tortoisesvn-for...ive-373573
i switched back to tortoise svn because of the thame thing. Via the repo SVN update all my chances get lost. With the tortoise svn update nothing get lost all my changes stay and i get the new stuff Big Grin
ASUS F2A85-M LE | A6-5400K | 4 GB DDR3-1866 | 128GB SSD | Windows 8 64 bit | XBMC 12 | Cirrus EV3
Onkyo TX-NR509 5.1 + Teufel Consono 35
Samsung UE55ES6300 55"
Harmony 785

www.MyXBMC.de
butchabay Wrote:@ialand
Possible yes, but that would mean a hell of work! Smile
I can't tell much about linux, but is there a way to use tortoise svn? If yes you should switch, then you don't need to download the hole skin on every update.

well I don't know much about skinning Smile but I would assume (I know what that gets me) that there is a pointer to the existing folder the default backgrounds are in? This would change that pointer and then reload? But, what do I know ...

and re:tortoise... I have no idea. I looked about to see if it could be installed on LIVE, but .... Eek Shocked Oo No I got lost very quickly....
ialand Wrote:well I don't know much about skinning Smile but I would assume (I know what that gets me) that there is a pointer to the existing folder the default backgrounds are in? This would change that pointer and then reload? But, what do I know ...

and re:tortoise... I have no idea. I looked about to see if it could be installed on LIVE, but .... Eek Shocked Oo No I got lost very quickly....

No it doesn't point to a folder but to each single background. Sorry if it could be easier i would do it.
Hmm why am I experiencing XBMC not responding when I use Cinema Experience add-on?
dsync89 Wrote:Hmm why am I experiencing XBMC not responding when I use Cinema Experience add-on?

Dharma or nightly?
dsync89 Wrote:Hmm why am I experiencing XBMC not responding when I use Cinema Experience add-on?

Same here with preEden
but i didnt test for a while because it never worked for me.
ASUS F2A85-M LE | A6-5400K | 4 GB DDR3-1866 | 128GB SSD | Windows 8 64 bit | XBMC 12 | Cirrus EV3
Onkyo TX-NR509 5.1 + Teufel Consono 35
Samsung UE55ES6300 55"
Harmony 785

www.MyXBMC.de
@butchabay
I'm using nightly XBMC build.

BTW I had tried to force quit XBMC several times when it becomes not responsive. Out of 10 tries there are a couple of tries which the script works. It's a very weird behaviour. Couldn't figure out anything that could have caused it.
dsync89 Wrote:@butchabay
I'm using nightly XBMC build.

BTW I had tried to force quit XBMC several times when it becomes not responsive. Out of 10 tries there are a couple of tries which the script works. It's a very weird behaviour. Couldn't figure out anything that could have caused it.

Could you test with another skin and report if the same happens?
I don't and never used cinema. It's just to see if it's skin related.
Thanx
Hope you all like the latest changes i've done ! Smile
butchabay Wrote:Hope you all like the latest changes i've done ! Smile

Cirrus Extended is just (for me) the best skin you can find for XBMC. Clean, Fast, and of course an incredible support. I never seen that before (really). I think I'm not the only one on this thread who have this opinion.

For the last change? Weather widget? New infoscreen? and all the news stuff? AwesomeCool
I think CE is so close to perfection.

THX Butcha
butchabay Wrote:Hope you all like the latest changes i've done ! Smile

The Weather Widget works, thanks!
Gratz Butcha!!

I absolutely agree that CE the best skin for XBMC. Thanks for the hard work.

I like that you add Concert section ( I have 120+ Nod), but I still can't understand how to set my music videos there. Can you give some info pls.
@butch

Don't let it go to your head mate Wink
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 165(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v213