• 177(current)
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2
sorry, should not be an attack. im realy happy that you code these skin and make not your own skin for you alone. its a community skin with some features from us. im to stupid to code a skin and these little problems arent realy problems for me. without cev2 the xbmc would be nothing for me. realy great thanks butcha. i take it...
butchabay Wrote:I'll post the old xml's when i get time, what i can try to do is to bold the font for better readibility, or you mean something else?

I'd prefer the old xml's, as a bold font alone won't be enough to read the time...
Nimo Wrote:sorry, should not be an attack. im realy happy that you code these skin and make not your own skin for you alone. its a community skin with some features from us. im to stupid to code a skin and these little problems arent realy problems for me. without cev2 the xbmc would be nothing for me. realy great thanks butcha. i take it...

I don't take it as an attack, don't worry Smile but there are some personal tastes and that's the reason why we modders are trying to mod such excellent skins outthere. Sadly the original cirrus was not developed anymore and i'm trying to get this skin compatible with all new features coming along by other people making a grandious job like ronie with the watchlist, next aired, tvtunes, artist slideshow, giftie to bring live in the music section with cdart manager, martijn with artwork downloader etc. So you see we need everyone to bring skins where they belong.
Glad you like cev2 with all these great extras Smile
Happy new year

' finally switched to Eden. 2.0.7 works like a charm, extrafanarts support is a cool function and I love the new OSD.
glad to have the weather back working.
the animated video background still doesnt work on my home screen I must do something wrong in the settings but I will find.

question: the link to uncompressed media in the 1st post is for 2.06 or 2.07?

btw I had planned to spend my holidays working on a new Tron-inspired theme, but now I have to design a CD booklet + website for my stepfather rock band new album

Again, congratulations butcha, you did an awesome work! Time to rest now
Muther Wrote:I figured out how to get the SVN and ten minutes later you posted the update...LOL you and the others that have created this skin are tops in my book! Ive spent the last couple of days Playing around, learning and reading and came up with a few questions/suggestions. I figured rather than a lot of little post I'd do one big one Big Grin

Bare in mind I'm not coder, skinner or genus and I'm still trying to figure a lot of this program out. I'm amazed at the amount of information is listed. its almost too much to sort through. this is currently the only way I feel I can contribute until I learn more about XML and how this monster of a program works. if you can think of any menial tasks I can help you with please let me know.

1) Question Are the player controls for music (pause, play, stop, next,) not visible by design or is there a setting that I can not find to turn them on? I run this from my PC as I have not built a HTPC as yet, I have found that I can use keyboard shortcuts to control it but I'm a button pushing kinda guy....Smile

2) Question is there a way to use animated weather when weather selected? I see animations when hovering over the weather button (the weather widget I suppose?) but if I click on the weather button I see only static icons. Is there a way to animate this section as well?

3) Question Where is the movie manager located or is it yet? (I understand this is a very new feature and you may have not implemented it yet) I have installed glass and the confluence mod skin and found it in them but can not find it in CEV2 for now I'm creating them in confluence mod.

4) Small bug? when navigating on the home page, if you move up to display the sub-menu then come back down, then move to the next button, a blank sub-menu bar remains until you move the mouse out of the main buttons area. (the only thing I can relate this to is a missing mouse out argument)

5) Feature Request. Is it or would it be possible in the future to add sub-menus to the custom buttons? for example if I added a home button for animation I could add sub menus for Disney|pillar|Others and use smart playlist to set them

6) Feature Request. Personal would it be possible when the home page is in vertical mode to have the buttons be on the right side bottom? (instead of left side bottom) this may match the right side movie view better and be better positioned for mouse users like me. I use the horizontal layout because I like the sub menus but it's just something I noticed. (unless there is a way to add sub menus to the vertical layout too....LOL)

7) Feature Request. Ive noticed there is no way to toggle between the program windowed or full sized other than hitting the backslash key. is this something that could be added to the control buttons in the upper right hand corner?

P.S. I'm running CEV2, Eden Beta, win7

1. Player Controls on Home Press M, else in music Vis. Screen press Enter

2. Will drop your request to my list

3. If you mean Library Editor as Movie Manager, yes it's in the video info screen, just scroll to the right.

4. Don't know what you mean sorry, maybe a screenshot could give some more info.

5. Possible yes, have to think about it.

6. Sorry but changing it to the right would mean to rewrite the hole code again, as now playing widgets are on the right. No way ...

7. Just press TAB to toggle.
Hi butcha

I installed the script Movie sets... but how do I use this?

on the FrostBox's thread he wrote a lot of code to insert, and I'm a bit lost with his explanations... should we wrote this code or did you implement it already in CE?
About Muther post, point 2) Weather:

I love animated weather icon too! And I don't like much the new default weather layout with several squares... so I decided to give again a try to Weather Plus.
I've discovered that the Weatherplus add-on, which was broken for some time, works again... and was surprised to see that, besides animated icons, now Europeans can have animated weather maps too!
So Muther, just install weatherplus and you'll have your animated icons (and with contextual weather HD fanarts it really looks fancy!)
butchabay Wrote:Sorry i can't agree again with the osd, the only reason i've done it this way is to get free the space for subtitles, so why it should be lower? Less better than more? The old osd with poster has take the hole lenght of the screen and with plot enable a quarter of the screen.
I won't take in account any other notice reguarding the osd! Take it or leave it! I can't satisfy everyone here, and for personal taste i like the new one 1000 times better as the old one.

It's your skin so your call Wink I'm very happy with the skin including all the new developments Smile
N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote:Hi butcha

I installed the script Movie sets... but how do I use this?

on the FrostBox's thread he wrote a lot of code to insert, and I'm a bit lost with his explanations... should we wrote this code or did you implement it already in CE?

You need to create your movie sets first, use the movie sets addon to create them. After that you can enter your movie sets and switch the view to fanart movie sets. I just made 1 view for movie sets to show up all infos and thats the Fanart Movie Sets view.
butchabay Wrote:You need to create your movie sets first, use the movie sets addon to create them. After that you can enter your movie sets and switch the view to fanart movie sets. I just made 1 view for movie sets to show up all infos and thats the Fanart Movie Sets view.

still a bit confused... my scrapper (cine-passion) is set to stack films of a same serie together, so it's automaical. Am I forced to delete my actual movie sets and start from scratch, or can I take the actual ones as a base?

for now often they are physically like this:
.../movie set X/
.../movie set X/movie1.mkv
.../movie set X/movie2.mkv
.../movie set X/movie3.mkv

will it work or should I make separate folders for each movie?
N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote:still a bit confused... my scrapper (cine-passion) is set to stack films of a same serie together, so it's automaical. Am I forced to delete my actual movie sets and start from scratch, or can I take the actual ones as a base?

for now often they are physically like this:
.../movie set X/
.../movie set X/movie1.mkv
.../movie set X/movie2.mkv
.../movie set X/movie3.mkv

will it work or should I make separate folders for each movie?

What happens if you enter movie sets on home menu? It should bring you directly to your movie sets, then switch to fanart movie sets view. Else i don't know how, normally it's not necessary to have a folder with movie sets, you can create your owns with the addon! The scraper brings only infos, but don't think it creates movie sets.
sorry my fault, the view was set on big poster view, all works fine, thanks!

EDIT: well, not so fine indeed. Works on some sets, like Star Wars, but for other (like Shrek, Spider-Man and many others) the movie sets view acts a bit weirdly, sometimes showing only 1 movie + its synopsis, sometimes 2, sometimes zero movie with zero synopsis...
which is strange, because when I click in, all movies are there.

I though it was related to the viewed/unviewed status, but nope, no logical thing

do the script use some cache process? maybe I should leave the movie sets screen a long time so that the script loads all infos?
I had to setup my hole library from scratch, as i had the same problem, now everything's working. I think there are problems with the old dharma library db and the new one for eden. Just rescanning the The movie doesn't work. It's strange but tried everything, only a clean install should help.
awww well, with 2500+ movies I have absolutely no willing of rescraping the whole thing (and my frech scrapper is not free I should buy credits for this)... so I guess will stay with my actual setup. Maybe a new version of the script will fix this.

and something I could try is to have a clean db, and do an import from the old one (I regularly do backup export so my db is rather up-to-date)
I think the script scans your library for the current movie sets and uses that.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 177(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v213