Xbmc: Os?
Hi everyone,

I'm setting a mac mini to work as media center.
XBMC is the best.

My answer is: is there a way to make XBMC as a standalone OS? So when i turn on the machine it starts automatically XBMC. In this way i can save time and resources.

Thanks
Yeah, install xbmc-live (linux)
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_Live

or you could just enable automatic login on the mac and set XBMC to open automatically.
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?...mh606.html
then
http://www.apple.com/findouthow/mac/#appstartup

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
OpenELEC.tv
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Just so you're sure, I think that XBMC live and Openelec would require an intel mac mini. You probably don't have a ppc, but it's worth mentioning.
Good point.

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
My mac mini is an intel core solo.

Does the xbmc live have to load from the dvd every time? or I can install on a partition and start it as an OS?
Do you also know if with this live version the Apple remote controller works with XBMC?

Thanks
You can install it on hdd. Not sure about apple remote support in xbmc live.

But you can boot from cd and try it out before installing on hdd.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I will for sure....

in case the remote doen't work is there any other remote controller (compatible with xbmc and mac mini) in can buy?

Thanks

PS: only to be precise... mine is a core duo (not a core solo)
gerazzo Wrote:I will for sure....

in case the remote doen't work is there any other remote controller (compatible with xbmc and mac mini) in can buy?

Thanks

PS: only to be precise... mine is a core duo (not a core solo)

Mce remote works fine, harmony should work also.

However, I would try mac version first and switch to live only if necessary, but this is just mine preference.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I'm switching to live version only because of the boot time.
That's why I prefer the live version installed on the main disk.

i wish the apple remote controller works, that would be AWESOME!!!

If not is there anyone working on to make the live version work with the apple remote?

Have to try this evening...
Has anyone actually tested Openelec with Mac mini? Does Apple remote work? How about resuming from suspend?
at this time probably the best question could be:

Which media center software (installed directly on the disk as standalone OS) software work correctly with a mac mini and his remote controller?

Thanks
Boot time? Can't you leave mac mini on with xbmc running? It will go to sleep after a while and consume min power.

I would love to trade my ion330 with xbmc live and mce remote for mac mini and apple remote :-)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I'm now using it booting mac osx and autolaunching XBCM, and the remote works perfectly.

Launching XBMC live (from the DVD) the remote doesn't work, I don't know if installing as standalone OS it works again...

I also have a logitech Harmony 1100 do you know which configuration I have to choose to make it work with XBCm?

Thanks
toiva Wrote:Has anyone actually tested Openelec with Mac mini? Does Apple remote work? How about resuming from suspend?

I doubt that it would work. The boot process would be a pain. As others have mentioned why not install XBMC on the Mac? Works great. You might want to look into a very neat utility called Remote Buddy which allows you to do anything on the Mac via the Mac remote ( and supports other remotes).

philip

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc: Os?1