Strange HDMI/Sound issues with Vista
I have my HDMI connected to my A/V receiver. With films and such, this tends to work fine. But with games, and "short" sounds, eventually it'll start playing them as if they are muffled.

I have the updated realtek drives, it's Vista 32, and I'm quite confused. I tried googling for a solution, but most the advice has to do with making sure HDMI is enabled (which it is)

Any one else have this issue with Vista?

Many many thanks
I'm no expert, but that sounds more likely to be the receiver than Vista. Do you have another source to test it with?
Asus AT5IONT-I in an A+ CUPID-3 + 2TB Seagate LP + 16GB SSD + Ubuntu + Samba + XBMC

AT5IONT-I Problems? Check out my Motherboard I/O Map for troubleshooting tips.
numb7rs Wrote:I'm no expert, but that sounds more likely to be the receiver than Vista. Do you have another source to test it with?

I tried it with a receiver and directly into the television and into another television. Same issue Sad
I'm really not sure what it could be then. I know it's not really an answer, but you try uninstalling all audio drivers, then install just the current one.

Is the HDMI from the motherboard or an added graphics card?
Asus AT5IONT-I in an A+ CUPID-3 + 2TB Seagate LP + 16GB SSD + Ubuntu + Samba + XBMC

AT5IONT-I Problems? Check out my Motherboard I/O Map for troubleshooting tips.
numb7rs Wrote:I'm really not sure what it could be then. I know it's not really an answer, but you try uninstalling all audio drivers, then install just the current one.

Is the HDMI from the motherboard or an added graphics card?

I tried that as well Sad

It's from the motherboard. I'm going to try a new system on Friday, maybe with Windows 7 64 see how that goes!

Hopefully not the same problem.
Switching to Windows 7 seemed to help. Odd. Smile Thanks!
thats great news!! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange HDMI/Sound issues with Vista0