Boxee looking for a full time skinner at our NYC office
Hi guys,

I'm Boxee's co-founder and head of product and wanted to let you know we are looking for a talented Front End UI Developer aka Skinner.

The position is in our NYC HQ, so if you live somewhere else in the US you will have to move to the best city in the world Smile (the position is not opened for relocation outside of the US for people in need of a work VISA).

More details on our website http://bit.ly/kT9gB9
i_cohen Wrote:Hi guys,

I'm Boxee's co-founder and head of product and wanted to let you know we are looking for a talented Front End UI Developer aka Skinner.

The position is in our NYC HQ, so if you live somewhere else in the US you will have to move to the best city in the world Smile (the position is not opened for relocation outside of the US for people in need of a work VISA).

More details on our website http://bit.ly/kT9gB9

hmmm, and we here are looking for support to install a different and free OS on this box, maybe you can help us?
greetings, Stephan

sraue Wrote:hmmm, and we here are looking for support to install a different and free OS on this box, maybe you can help us?

Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
omg Wink
hey whats the matter with you guys.... boxee is already a supporter of xbmc and will help xbmc to get even better. they tune the code, add functions and get deals with content providers wich truly can show where xbmc can go. Nod
so why fight them instead of helping them and hopefully get something back? thats an odd descission and feels like kindergarten... and even more if you would understand that this is a great job offer for somebody searching for doing something he likes! and this person will also give something back to the community - never forgetting its rootsBig Grin

stop spaming this thread!Stare
Hi, I'm only speaking for myself and not for the team. As is good and proper for an open source project, I'm sure the team has many wildly divergent opinions on this and practically every topic under the sun. Except, of course, we all gravely dislike the MPAA's litigation body and certain aspects of the DMCA.

Anyway, I've hung out with a Boxee guy or two. They're good people, they donate to XBMC, and their team is very talented. (Also, one morning at a convention one of their guys brought our table a bunch of bottles of water and some tylenol. Um... for no reason at all! ... But it was definitely much appreciated.)

Anyway, any skinners who happen to read this post should feel very comfortable applying with them. Actually earning an income doing things we all like doing for fun is one of the great dreams of life. There's absolutely nothing wrong with pursuing that goal.
natethomas Wrote:Hi, I'm only speaking for myself and not for the team. As is good and proper for an open source project, I'm sure the team has many wildly divergent opinions on this and practically every topic under the sun. Except, of course, we all gravely dislike the MPAA's litigation body and certain aspects of the DMCA.

I agree with this accept that you are approaching this in very US-focussed way. I assume that the general conception of team-xbmc has a broader focus than that. But the worst thing is that every topic about essential parts of this very important piece of Free Software (like commercial forks, ownership, bylaws of the Foundation, etc) end up in a fight and disconcensus. This all could be a lot easier with some smart decisions and publications. I have read a nice post on this subject.

As for boxee, I don't like that company and despite of some shared goals with XBMC Foundation (but we don't know those since they are not open!), Boxee has not much to do with Free software, accept that they forked gpl-software and have build a business case around it.

Anyway, good luck to skinner with his future new job!
Robotica Wrote:I have read a nice post on this subject.

correction, you wrote it
Robotica Wrote:As for boxee, I don't like that company and despite of some shared goals with XBMC Foundation (but we don't know those since they are not open!), Boxee has not much to do with Free software, accept that they forked gpl-software and have build a business case around it.

Offtopic and the goal of the foundation is to aid the community, thats the only goal and that goal is perfectly open. Stop pinning conspiracy theories on everything, or keep them to yourself.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
amet Wrote:correction, you wrote it

All you know (read/heard) is that Robotica sometimes used the same IP as bulkzooi used. Big deal...

topfs2 Wrote:Offtopic and the goal of the foundation is to aid the community, thats the only goal and that goal is perfectly open. Stop pinning conspiracy theories on everything, or keep them to yourself.

Stop acting like a know-all, godlike steward. If you want to aid the community open up the Foundation. Given the attitude and tone in your reply, I assume you need some help in how to aid the community. Bulkzooi also made a blogpost on how to do that. If that is not enough, I can give you some opinions from some persons involved in Free Software (within a not-for-profit Foundation) development.
Robotica Wrote:All you know (read/heard) is that Robotica sometimes used the same IP as bulkzooi used. Big deal...

I know, cos I have seen it on the forum administrator page, that IP that Robotica used to register the account is the same one that bulkzooi was banned with

with that, this OT conversation is over
Robotica Wrote:Stop acting like a know-all, godlike steward. If you want to aid the community open up the Foundation. Given the attitude and tone in your reply, I assume you need some help in how to aid the community. Bulkzooi also made a blogpost on how to do that. If that is not enough, I can give you some opinions from some persons involved in Free Software (within a not-for-profit Foundation) development.

Because I'm the only one who acts like a know-it-all here.... I'm pesky because I'm tired of your pestering. I spend on average 20h a week for free for this project and you keep saying that its all a conspiracy. I have meet a bunch of the developers and all of them just want to have a nice time and are very nice people. With your constant "there is a conspiracy" all you do is make them not want to continue working on the project. I.e. your not helping the community one bit your destroying it

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Tobias, could we close this thread for comments?

Boxee is/was one of the Xbmc's donators and they do not deserve such a treatment they are receiving from some users here.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Tobias, could we close this thread for comments?

Boxee is/was one of the Xbmc's donators and they do not deserve such a treatment they are receiving from some users here.

Will do, if anyone is interested in the offer boxee have PM him.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Boxee looking for a full time skinner at our NYC office0