Local Thumbs Question / Possible Bug
Hi everyone:

This is and continues to be an amazing software that has revolutionized the way I watch my DVD/Blu Ray collection. Bravo to all of the devs who put so much time and effort into making this a great program for the rest of us.

A quick question to you all -- I have put a lot of time into setting up my media server to store both fanart and folder images in each individual movie/TV Show folder. I see that as I load new movies onto the server and they are scanned into the library, my local images (folder and fanart) are used in XBMC. When this happens, does XBMC copy and store the images locally, or does it continue to access the image on my server?

And the (potential) bug -- for my TV shows, I have set up the following folder structure:

/TVShow/
-show folder.jpg
-show fanart.jpg
/Season 1/
-season 1 folder.jpg
-season 1 MKVs
/Season 2/
-season 2 folder.jpg
-season 2 MKVs

And so on.

I've observed that in the library, the individual season images do *not* correspond to the local folder.jpg in the individual season folders. It merely downloads and displays the default from thetvdb scraper and does not, by default, display the local image.

Is it supposed to be doing that? Have I set up the folder structure incorrectly? If I am set up correctly, is this a bug? If I'm not set up correctly, is there another way I should structure this?

I'm hoping that, once we have a new offical ATV version incorporating the great work of Keith and Davilla and the gurus working on the nightlies that I can install a mysql database on my server to centralize the entire library, along with the folder/fanart, so my questions are submitted with that ultimate goal in mind.

Thanks to you all,

SM

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Local Thumbs Question / Possible Bug0