[ATV2] No weather icons / How to reassign remote key
Even on a clean install of Dharma on my Apple TV 2 with 4.2.1 firmware and also on any skin I try.

Currently, I'm using the Rapier skin but just as with Confluence, the weather works but I just dont see the rain/clouds/sunshine/etc icons.

How can I fix this?

Also, on a side note, using my Apple TV 2 remote, while playing a movie I noticed that I can fast forward by 30 seconds if i keep clicking the right arrow.
How can I make this so that if I press the UP arrow, it skips by say 2 minutes? At the moment, the up arrow doesn't do anything.
MrJohnnyQuid Wrote:Also, on a side note, using my Apple TV 2 remote, while playing a movie I noticed that I can fast forward by 30 seconds if i keep clicking the right arrow.
How can I make this so that if I press the UP arrow, it skips by say 2 minutes? At the moment, the up arrow doesn't do anything.

This is the keymap I now use, though I changed it a wee bit to suit:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ght=navi-x

Also, if you go to the following link, you can see a list of all the commands you can map..Go crazy!

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap.xml#Actions
MrJohnnyQuid Wrote:...the weather works but I just dont see the rain/clouds/sunshine/etc icons.

I had the same issue with my ATV2. Here is the solution

I copied the 2 folders 128x128 and 64x64 from a working PC setup to my ATV2 and now i have the weather icons Wink

From Win7 PC -> C:\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\cache\weather
To ATV2 -> /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/temp/weather

Greetings
angryjack
Apple-TV2 with JB 4.2.1, XBMC Eden with Quartz skin
Thanks for the great suggestions, guys!

I'll try it out later on tonight and report back.
Both suggestions worked wonders!

donut, I was unable to find your .xml file but using the second link you provided, I was able to edit my own .xml to my liking.

The one thing I did notice however is that if I fast forward (BigStepForward-10% of the movie) too quickly, the movie will restart.

Is this behavior normal? In order for my to fast foward, I need to press up (my assigned key for bigstepforward), pause, then up again, and so forth.
The weather.zip file is actually located in /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/media/weather.zip after a standard install of XBMC on the ATV2.

Not sure why XBMC isn't using it by default though.

Perhaps I'll mess with permissions and some other things when I get home and see what's causing the problem. Might just need a small change in the build routine?

*EDIT*

I may have actually put the file there myself. I'll have to check when I'm back home.

You can just install this weather.zip to /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/media/weather.zip or try here /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/media/ (should prevent loss of weather icons on XBMC upgrade).

You don't need to unpack the weather.zip file. Just transfer it as is.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
MrJohnnyQuid Wrote:donut, I was unable to find your .xml file but using the second link you provided, I was able to edit my own .xml to my liking.

The one thing I did notice however is that if I fast forward (BigStepForward-10% of the movie) too quickly, the movie will restart.

Is this behavior normal? In order for my to fast foward, I need to press up (my assigned key for bigstepforward), pause, then up again, and so forth.

That's strange behaviour...mine just skips forward or back and resumes play when using the up/down buttons. Here is a link to the .xml file I use:

http://db.tt/xHsCUM4

see if using it helps. The menu button set to jump back 7 seconds, and holding select brings up the codecinfo banner. I've been using this one for several months now ..
Cranial Wrote:The weather.zip file is actually located in /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/media/weather.zip after a standard install of XBMC on the ATV2.

Not sure why XBMC isn't using it by default though.

Perhaps I'll mess with permissions and some other things when I get home and see what's causing the problem. Might just need a small change in the build routine?

*EDIT*

I may have actually put the file there myself. I'll have to check when I'm back home.

You can just install this weather.zip to /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/media/weather.zip or try here /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/media/ (should prevent loss of weather icons on XBMC upgrade).

Okay, just did a build and I can confirm weather.zip is not being included in the build, even though it is in the source.

Not sure why though. If a Dev or someone pointed me at the right file to look at, I'd have a go at fixing it. But I'd be learning from scratch.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Cranial Wrote:You can just install this weather.zip to /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/media/weather.zip or try here /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/media/ (should prevent loss of weather icons on XBMC upgrade).

Fresh build here.

I added to 2nd location with wget.

and I had to do this:

Code:
chmod 666 weather.zip
thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] No weather icons / How to reassign remote key1