• 5(current)
XBMC PVR Client & For The Record: Argus TV-Server
(2012-06-06, 14:40)tismon Wrote: ...
Out of curiosity simply because I haven't seen it talked about much, does the radio portion work?

Well, it 'should' work.... technically there is no difference (for the add-on) between a TV channel and a Radio channel. In both cases exactly the same code is used to tune to a channel and start reading the data stream for XBMC.

That said, I must admit that I have not had much luck using it from XBMC. I tried it a long, long time ago when I started working on the add-on. It worked, some commits later it didn't work, not much time after that it worked again. At some point I just decided to focus on getting as much functionality ready for the add-on as I could. And thus I haven't tried to use radio for a long time. It was also low on my priority since most of us can and do use internet radio stations.

Still, it really should work and if it doesn't I will look into that as soon as I have finished two features I really want to get done.

True timeshifting is now ready and working in v0.0.1.140. You can rewind, pause, play and fast-forward Live-TV now. The add-on completely supports this from v0.0.1.140, but the main XBMC code for timeshifting is very rough (eg. fast-forward (chasing) after pausing will not switch to normal play speed when you catch up with real-time live-tv, rewind is very jittery, etc. etc.)

The other feature is waiting until my pull request gets accepted by Team XBMC. Since the ForTheRecord server API allows storing and retrieving the last watched position of a recording on the FTR server, I've made an extension to the XBMC PVR api to do just that. That means that if you have XBMC running on multiple clients you can watch part of recording on one client (say your Main screen), stop watching and continue watching on another client (eg. iPhone) from exactly where you stopped before. It will even work with other ForTheRecord clients then XBMC (start watching in MediaPortal, stop and continue in XBMC).

Finally I must admit that I check the xbmc forum a lot less often then the xbmc forum. So if any of you really has an 'urgent' question just post it in the "XBMC Client Plugin" section of the ForTheRecord forum at www.4therecord.eu/forum/viewforum.php?f=41.

Cheers, Fred.
Thanks for the info KRA77, I'm very eager to give FTR a go since it seems to be a decent improvement over Mediaportals TV Server.
Ideally I'd like to drop that entirely and only have to use one TV server component, but from what I can tell looking on the FTR forums it doesn't look like the HD PVR will ever be supported in argus which is a shame as there seems to be lots of people who would like to ditch the MP server completely.

Red_F; If you ever want to have a play with the HD-PVR to see what it can do, I can hook you up with remote access to my box so you can have a poke around.
Radio stations (via DVB T) were working last time I checked. At least on OS X.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I just wanted to say thanks for the info regarding FTR and Media portal TV server.

I installed FTR this afternoon and now have it up and running with channel start times of ~1 second on XBMC openelec using the FTR plugin!

With the same setup but using the Media portal XBMC plugin and just MP TV server alone, I had channel start times of ~10 seconds!

What a great improvement :-)
Hopefully it proves to be stable, but its looking good so far!
I should say thanks too - I have FTR running on my Win7 server now, and the scheduling is amazing. Using the plugin on both OE (32 bit) and Win7 (64 bit) as clients. The recording and live tv watching is rock solid. Managing recordings at the client end is a bit broken but I do all that from the server anyway really.

Channel changes are just marginally slower than TvHeadEnd but there's no glitches in the stream, I was getting them very regularly with TvHeadEnd - this is rock solid from a playback and recording perspective, really good.

Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
I gave this a go today just to see how it was and I must say for windows its miles better than media portal tv server much faster at tuning channels I was a little upset that to actually get the addon I have to install the full margro build rather than just the addon like the other OS versions since I like to keep on the main master code (so I can test and commit fixes) and the addon still works fine on it anyway

But aside from that annoyance its a great back end so far for XBMC and windows users
(2012-06-10, 08:40)Jezz_X Wrote: I gave this a go today just to see how it was and I must say for windows its miles better than media portal tv server much faster at tuning channels I was a little upset that to actually get the addon I have to install the full margro build rather than just the addon like the other OS versions since I like to keep on the main master code (so I can test and commit fixes) and the addon still works fine on it anyway

But aside from that annoyance its a great back end so far for XBMC and windows users

Can you do PVR on any platform without a PVR build though? It's more than just the add on + skin you need isn't it? As in - you can't jsut use a nightly xbmc + pvr confluence + add on and have it all good for TV, right? If you could, I'd be a lot more inclined to play with the nightlies as the PVR stuff is wife-essential, but I'd really like to play with AE etc....

OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
No you can't but you can compile pvr from the original source https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc and not margos and use the compiled FTR addon fine with it
Pre-built Windows installer of Eden-PVR with FTR add-on v0.0.1.140 is now available.

v0.0.1.140 for Linux (32 and 64 bit) is now available.

As usual to be found here: http://www.4therecord.eu/forum/viewtopic...=41&t=2425.

Cheers,
Fred

(hope to do the v0.0.1.140 for OS X, iOS and ATV2 this week, or weekend)
Ack pre-built in the installer again why can't you also ship a separate one with just the addon for people who don't want to use that build
...that would be handy....I guess the workaround is to install it into another directory and then just pull the add on out of there....that said I think margo has actually forked the PVR repo and made other code changes to get time shifting to work so I am not sure how you'll go using it with another build....
(2012-06-13, 01:41)Jezz_X Wrote: Ack pre-built in the installer again why can't you also ship a separate one with just the addon for people who don't want to use that build

Yes, why can't I? Wink

I'll take a guess and say because you don't want too ? because I see no other reason than that as its no different than shipping the other platforms seperate
(2012-06-13, 09:31)Jezz_X Wrote: I'll take a guess and say because you don't want too ? because I see no other reason than that as its no different than shipping the other platforms seperate

Wrong Smile

It is called 'courtesy'. I'm not the one building and distributing the Windows versions. User 'Margro' is doing that, and the link above will show you the (non-Windows) versions I build and a link to his distribution page. I thought about it, but considered it to be impolite to interfere with his release scheme's and distribution philosophy.

It may be old fashioned, but I still feel quite ok with not stepping on his territory.

I'm sure he won't mind adding isolated addons. If you ask him, and he has time available.

Cheers,
Fred
Sure but as I said on the previous page I find it inconvenient because
1) Its a great addon and way way better than mediaportal
2) I need to stay on the proper master build of PVR (opdenkamps) not Margro's third party one because I need to make changes to the main git and commit them and can't have any of his third party changes in my exe's (like timeshit) to make sure its not his errors. Sure I could pull in Margro's branch and just compile the add-on but that's a pain in the bum to have to be constantly switching between branches when I want to build it. I have however as a work around installed Margro's build on another machine and copied the compiled addon back onto my main PC and stuck it in my userdata add-ons but I'm sure not doing that multiple times (feel free to call me lazy)
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC PVR Client & For The Record: Argus TV-Server2