• 2(current)
XBMC PVR Client & For The Record: Argus TV-Server
@NatroN
[LIST=4]
[*]Install ForTheRecord 1.6.0.x including Argus (the tuner) and the Utildev Cassini webserver
[*]Configure ForTheRecord Argus (the tv tuner)
[*]Install my XBMC Eden beta build
[*]Start XBMC and configure and enable the ForTheRecord pvr addon
[*]Enable Live TV under XBMC settings
[/LIST]

If you did an upgrade from an older version of XBMC, delete the addons*.db and pvr*.db files from your XBMC user profile folder
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
@margo
where can i found the linux version ?
kobid Wrote:@margo
where can i found the linux version ?

I assume you build from source found here

https://github.com/margro/xbmc

Margo, how stable would you say the 4therecord frontend is?
wich commands make my xbmc to pvr enable ? maybe i use in corrupted version...

when i click enable on live tv settings
my system crashed and start over, this is the log:

18:13:16 T:7366464 NOTICE: PVRManager - starting up
18:13:16 T:2672888688 DEBUG: Thread PVR manager start, auto delete: 0
18:13:16 T:2922380144 DEBUG: Thread EPG updater 2922380144 terminating
18:13:16 T:2922380144 DEBUG: Thread PVR add-on updater start, auto delete: 0
18:13:16 T:2922380144 DEBUG: InitialiseClient - initialising add-on 'ForTheRecord PVR client'
18:13:16 T:2922380144 DEBUG: PVR - Create - creating PVR add-on instance 'ForTheRecord PVR client'
18:13:16 T:2922380144 DEBUG: ADDON: Dll Initializing - ForTheRecord PVR client
18:13:16 T:2922380144 DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(/home/kobid/.xbmc/addons/pvr.fortherecord.argus/XBMC_ForTheRecord_linux.pvr)
18:13:16 T:2922380144 DEBUG: Loading: /home/kobid/.xbmc/addons/pvr.fortherecord.argus/XBMC_ForTheRecord_linux.pvr
18:13:16 T:2922380144 INFO: AddOnLog: ForTheRecord PVR client: Creating the ForTheRecord PVR-client (TsReader version)
18:13:16 T:2922380144 DEBUG: AddOnLog: ForTheRecord PVR client: CKeepAliveThread:: constructor
18:13:16 T:2922380144 DEBUG: CAddonCallbacksAddon - GetAddonSetting - add-on 'ForTheRecord PVR client' requests setting 'host'
18:13:16 T:2922380144 DEBUG: CAddonCallbacksAddon - GetAddonSetting - add-on 'ForTheRecord PVR client' requests setting 'port'
18:13:16 T:2922380144 DEBUG: CAddonCallbacksAddon - GetAddonSetting - add-on 'ForTheRecord PVR client' requests setting 'useradio'
18:13:16 T:2922380144 DEBUG: CAddonCallbacksAddon - GetAddonSetting - add-on 'ForTheRecord PVR client' requests setting 'timeout'
18:13:16 T:2922380144 DEBUG: CAddonCallbacksAddon - GetAddonSetting - add-on 'ForTheRecord PVR client' requests setting 'user'
18:13:16 T:2922380144 DEBUG: CAddonCallbacksAddon - GetAddonSetting - add-on 'ForTheRecord PVR client' requests setting 'pass'
18:13:16 T:2922380144 INFO: AddOnLog: ForTheRecord PVR client: Connect() - Connecting to http://homeserver:49943/
For everyone interested: I've written a guide (well 'written'... largest part of it are screenshots Wink) detailing how to get XBMC Live installed, updated from Dharma to Eden Beta1 and finally how to get it working with ForTheRecord.

You will find it here: http://www.4therecord.eu/forum/viewtopic...28&p=17911

Cheers,
Fred
Just wanted to say thanks again for working on this add-on.

I feel very strongly that For The Record is by far the best DVB application... Thanks so much for continuing to work on this!
Hi,. I'm wondering if I can use ForTheRecord with ARGUS in XBMC without using media portal.

I am somewhat confused as to where I can find the FortheRecord pluggin.

I currently have installed EDEN PVR Beta and Media Portal with XBMC pluggin. XBMC crashes freqeuntly and I understand ForTheRecord simply functions better.

Do I still have to use Media portal? I am about to install ForTheRecord but do not know whether to select ARGUS or MediaPortal in the installation process.

Many thanks,.
@deafy:
To use the ForTheRecord addon, you don't need MediaPortal.
Install ForTheRecord with ARGUS and enable the Cassini webserver in their installer.
See their manual for channel scanning, EPG setup etc.

In XBMC (pvr version needed), configure the ForTheRecord addon and then enable the Live TV option. That should do the job.

With respect to the crashes of XBMC: I'm not sure whether switching to ForTheRecord will solve this.
When does XBMC crash in your case?
Could you provide a debug XBMC.log file on PasteBin of a crashed XBMC session? (Enable debug logging under the XBMC settings).
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
I recently installed FTR 1.6.0.2 and XBMC 11.0 Beta2 with PVR support however when I try to enable the ForTheRecord PVR add-on under ADD-ONS/INSTALLED ADD-ONS/PVR CLIENTS nothing happens. I can look at the configuration but I can't enable the add-on.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what may have gone wrong?
quoudten Wrote:I recently installed FTR 1.6.0.2 and XBMC 11.0 Beta2 with PVR support however when I try to enable the ForTheRecord PVR add-on under ADD-ONS/INSTALLED ADD-ONS/PVR CLIENTS nothing happens. I can look at the configuration but I can't enable the add-on.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what may have gone wrong?

You probably did an upgrade from an ealier version of XBMC?

I believe you have to delete at least the addons.db in your user profile directory. Then it should work.

Regards
Mylle
mylle Wrote:You probably did an upgrade from an ealier version of XBMC?

I believe you have to delete at least the addons.db in your user profile directory. Then it should work.

Regards
Mylle

Its most probably the TV*.db
Hello!

Anybody knows if Margro has released the beta 3?

Thanks
Yes I do :-)
Beta 3 is online now.
Margro! Thanks dude! The work you are doing with the pvr and the fortherecord plugin is great Wink
margro Wrote:Yes I do :-)
Beta 3 is online now.

I'm still only seeing Beta 2 on your website?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC PVR Client & For The Record: Argus TV-Server2