• 5(current)
[ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC
The-Boxhead Wrote:Btw liquidskin76....

Congrats on getting an alpha out there !! I almost forgot to say that Smile

If only people knew how much work skinning XBMC is.... Wink
It's a good thing getting it out public, it will kickstart your drive again !

Good Luck with the beta liquidskin76

Cheers mate. Really appreciate it. Wink
The-Boxhead Wrote:Might i also suggest a more blurred shadow and not as sharp edges ? Wink

I'll add it to the list, and take a look later!

Cheers
The-Boxhead Wrote:Or you could switch skin to see if it's not something on your end before posting "bugs" Smile
I "could" but not sure what other skin would show that info as don't have others with a similar view... Instead of the sarcastic remark maybe you could respond letting us know if yours the same as mine or different, as this could in fact be a bug.

Its obviously relevant for episodes, just don't think the actual shows or seasons provide this info...
Devices using XBMC
iMac | MacBook | MacBook Air | AppleTV2 | iPad | iPhone4
monsieurpaulu Wrote:Hello ,

congrats on the skin :-)

found some overlapping in system info
and the music nowplaying is bad readable

Paul

Ah, design bug! Bloody things!! I'll sort.

Cheers
DazNoonan Wrote:Plot Scrolling
Please don't take this as a request as its not, however I do feel the plot scrolls far to fast as you don't get time to read the lines before its flashed past them. I suggest slowing it down if you can for the next release?

Yeah, i'll slow it down. Added to the to-do list!

DazNoonan Wrote:ATV2 Update
Working great, nice and fast... no issues with page loads or crashes at all and been using it since I download it tonight. Watched both a TV show and a movie without any issues too. Great work so far mate, keep it up!

Excellent, cheers! Wink
Thanks for all your hard work. Looking forward to trying it out

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
DazNoonan Wrote:TV Shows
Bug? In the bottom right on the TV Shows selection screen the Director, Credits and Runtime all state Unavailable for every show. Not sure if this is because its a bug or because this info is never available for TV Shows. If its a bug then please can you look into it, if its actually because this info is not available then maybe remove those 3 areas for TV Shows going forward?

That's by design. The 'Unavailable' label is a fallback if the relevant info isn't scrapped or in an .nfo.

Cheers

[EDIT:] Just seen your later post about some of the info not being relevant to the show or season. Perhaps your right. I'll have a look.
Regarding the main menu appearing on the movies, tvshow, music, etc sections, would it help to simplify the navigation if it wasn't there, so up/left activates the view options directly, instead of having to go up twice?

Or do people find the shortcuts useful?

Cheers
liquidskin76 Wrote:Regarding the main menu appearing on the movies, tvshow, music, etc sections, would it help to simplify the navigation if it wasn't there, so up/left activates the view options directly, instead of having to go up twice?

Or do people find the shortcuts useful?

Cheers

I personally would rather go directly to the view options. Reasons:
1) I'm so used to going back to the Home Screen to switch between sections that I keep doing it in welo even with those shortcuts available.
2) On one or two occasions I've actually been confused by the shortcuts, scrolling through them and expecting the "Latest <whatever>" to appear below and then realized I wasn't on the Home Screen.
3) It doesn't really save you any keypresses compared to returning to the Home Screen anyway (and adds an extra keypress for the view options, so in total it actually adds keypresses).
4) Returning to the Home Screen to switch section is pretty much standard among the current skins. (Edit: Same reason as point 1 really)
sialivi Wrote:I personally would rather go directly to the view options. Reasons:
1) I'm so used to going back to the Home Screen to switch between sections that I keep doing it in welo even with those shortcuts available.

That's what i find! I'll leave this question out there and see where it goes.

Going to bed in a minute so will catch up tomorrow sometime (and i expect there will be loads to catch up on!! Big Grin).

Cheers
DazNoonan Wrote:Personally I don't think you should add one either as it can cause issues if you select it, there is no hard in having settings along the top to be honest as its something almost everyone will always need.

Most skins have a link to Settings in the Shutdown Menu (Press 's').
[Layout]
Not sure what this is called, so perhaps it's already mentioned in the first post. When going into a Pictures folder with a lot of content there's a "Loading media info from files" popup that doesn't seem to be finished.

[Folder Shadow]
When browsing Pictures the shadow is the same for folders and pictures. This looks very weird for the folders since the shadow doesn't match it at all. Maybe a folder looking background image could be added behind the 4 thumbnails?

[Correction]
Turns out that this issue I reported earlier was also because I was using a nightly build:

Quote:[Home Screen Navigation Unintuitiveness]
You press "Down" to get to the "Latest <whatever>", and then you press "Down" again to return to the main menu. This feel unintuitive, my instinct was to press "Up" to return to the menu since it's located above the "Latest".

[Navigation]
Pressing 's' will give the non-existing Shutdown Menu focus. This is of course only an issue if you decide not to implement the menu, which I still hope you will at some point Wink
sialivi Wrote:Most skins have a link to Settings in the Shutdown Menu (Press 's').

This will actually cause them to fail on iOS devices like the atv2 because the shutdown menu is hard coded to exit xbmc instead of appearing
-setting Add-ons - Currently downloading - there is no percentage
-scrollbar - one side has a gradient?
-vertical scrollbar in album review (autoscroll OFF) - strange glitches, jumps around, hard to describe

-this happens when scanning pictures media info too

-can't go down to scroll movie plot (autoscroll OFF)

Main menu long name movie cut off

and then it goes in weird autoscroll (BTW, yes that was the movie with longest name in my library that I could find)

these I don't consider bugs.. just suggestions

- Add-ons Auto update and Notification toggles should be easier to access (just left) not left, up, right (same as accessing view options in movies/TV shows)
- now playing text appears/disappears and scrolls too fast, I think this too should be slowed down and the time between appearing and fading increased

Director, Credits, Runtime - can this be watched xx unwatched xx next airing/show ended xxxxxx or something like that?

And last Movie Collections.. no love there?
Congrats on this release.

It was always going to be tough releasing such a skin to a community that have been slavering over this one for months, however for an early alpha it looks and feels great.

I too of course would love an OSD but I think I can manage with my remote controls for now.

All in all its usable enough for me, and I look forward to the future enhancements and bug fixes along the way..
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC7