• 2(current)
[ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC
Also is there just currently the one view, with that being the list view? If not how to I choose other views as per screenshots I have seen in the other thread?

^^ Scrap this I have seen how to get to the options now... Press left then press up for those who wondered how too!
Devices using XBMC
iMac | MacBook | MacBook Air | AppleTV2 | iPad | iPhone4
Great work, love it. My new default skin. Here's some feedback:

[Home Screen Navigation Unintuitiveness]
You press "Down" to get to the "Latest <whatever>", and then you press "Down" again to return to the main menu. This feel unintuitive, my instinct was to press "Up" to return to the menu since it's located above the "Latest".

[Consistency]
In the skin settings, I suggest changing "Hide Programs" to "Hide Apps" so it matches what it's called on the Home Screen.

[Shutdown Menu]
Not mentioned in the missing features section of the first post but the Shutdown Menu (Is that what it's called?) is missing.

[Missing Setting]
A "Hide Settings" option in the settings (I don't trust anyone but myself to mess with the settings). This of course require the Shutdown menu to be implemented on the Home Screen first and have the Settings option available there.

[Star Rating]
I agree with DazNoonan above that the Star Ratings looks inverted.

[Scrolling Text]
In the Movie Details in the bottom right corner, the scrolling text doesn't stop when it reach the end of the text, it starts over immediatly. I suggest it stops for a brief period of time before starting over.

[On-screen Keyboard]
The On-screen Keyboard doesn't have a background when editing movie titles, making it very hard to see.

[Videos Section]
The Videos section is either not implemented yet (not mentioned in the missing features section of the first post) or not working.

[Missing Arrows]
In the "Latest <Whatever>" part of the Home Screen there are >> arrows indicating there are more titles if you scroll to the right. There are however no << arrows.
Not needed.
Devices using XBMC
DazNoonan Wrote:TV Show Order
Not sure if you are aware but episodes are ordered A-Z instead of by the episode number, below is an example for Episode 8 of NCIS: Los Angeles

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That's nothing to do with the skin, you've changed it to sort by Name instead of Episode.
Hitcher Wrote:That's nothing to do with the skin, you've changed it to sort by Name instead of Episode.
Realised that straight after I posted, so removed my post... Sorry for the error.
Devices using XBMC
The Music > Tracks animation only works once but I had it working in the initial release.

No Stars, Runtimes, etc for Lists anymore -

Previously -

Also the Wall has lost it's focused border and changed from the original design -

Previously -

sialivi Wrote:Great work, love it. My new default skin. Here's some feedback:

[Home Screen Navigation Unintuitiveness]
You press "Down" to get to the "Latest <whatever>", and then you press "Down" again to return to the main menu. This feel unintuitive, my instinct was to press "Up" to return to the menu since it's located above the "Latest".

[Consistency]
In the skin settings, I suggest changing "Hide Programs" to "Hide Apps" so it matches what it's called on the Home Screen.

[Missing Setting]
A "Hide Settings" option in the settings (I don't trust anyone but myself to mess with the settings). This of course require the Shutdown menu to be implemented on the Home Screen first and have the Settings option available there.

[Star Rating]
I agree with DazNoonan above that the Star Ratings looks inverted.

[Scrolling Text]
In the Movie Details in the bottom right corner, the scrolling text doesn't stop when it reach the end of the text, it starts over immediatly. I suggest it stops for a brief period of time before starting over.

[On-screen Keyboard]
The On-screen Keyboard doesn't have a background when editing movie titles, making it very hard to see.

- agree with the navigation needs some work its a bit confusing.
- the plot scrolls way too fast for reading, a slightly longer pause at the start would be better with a pause at the end.
- in the movies section, some movies are missing the resolution icon there is "1080", "720", "480" but is missing "540" or it does not show up.
- agree also withthe star ratings, the colours need to be reversed and be from left to right.
- I like the Apps section but is it possible to have "video addons" included in this section? and what is the "Favourites" section for?

but this is a really good start and i can tell youve put a lot of hard work into this! great job!
DazNoonan Wrote:Just a quick thing I have noticed...

Star Rating
Looking at the image it makes you think this film only has a 1 star rating when infact it has a 4 star rating... Should it not be that the stars light white with the ratings rather than black and it being backwards? Look at Avatar in your image for instance too, should that not be 5 white stars?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cheers
I don't know what's happened with the stars because they were working before -

Excellent work! I've been waiting a long time for this skin. I'll give it a good testing when I get home tonight.
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
Thumbs Up 
Wow, that is a really nice skin !

Here some bug report :
- in the main menu / movie, if the movie title is more than one line, then it overlaps with the movie year :

- the french translation need some work (I can help with that if you have no one), for exemple, in the previous screenshot, it should be "Surveillez vos films" not "votre films", but that's not really important so far.

I didn't find how to access the display options in the movie menu (for exemple to filter or not on already seen medias). Is it me (that's really possible) or is it not implemented yet ?

Keep up the good work, I really like it.
ghostelement Wrote:Excellent work! I've been waiting a long time for this skin. I'll give it a good testing when I get home tonight.

Feature Requests:
  • ClearArt Support
  • ExtraFanart (Rotating Fanart)
  • ClearLogo Support
  • CDArt Support
  • PseudoTV Support

What part of this didn't you understand?

liquidskin76 Wrote:Please note i won't be taking requests at this stage. Only bug reports please! When posting bugs, please take note of the above incomplete parts (for example... animations).
Hitcher Wrote:What part of this didn't you understand?

All of it. Totally missed him saying that because I was too excited to try it out. Carry on.
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
Wasn't quick enough to get a screenshot for this but I can get one if its needed...

When opening up XBMC and the scanning library is taking place and being displayed at the top, any notifications (such as the Trakt one) overlays this so its looks a mess. Can it be changed so they would show next to each other? This is not a request, I am assuming its a bug?
Devices using XBMC
Hitcher Wrote:The Music > Tracks animation only works once but I had it working in the initial release.

No Stars, Runtimes, etc for Lists anymore -

Previously -

Also the Wall has lost it's focused border and changed from the original design -

Previously -

I agree hitchers version was better, i love the work you have done to the skin but why did you remove these options and alos made it look more blue than gray now ? I hope you add the options back as it looked much more polished than your version.

also what happend to some of the different views on the home screen ? not liking the thumb nail for tv shows should add an option to look more like the movies part.

the skin seems to not be as smooth at running to very jerky and scrolling is not very smooth of posters i am running this on a i5 2.8 with 8 gig of ram on windows 7 and its not smooth at all.

you should of finished the skin of but you have removed some of the views changed the colour removed some features like in jitchers pictures and is very jerky seems to be a great step back

sorry just my thoughts
When cleaning the library, this seems to happen in the top left for the text which overlaps the current text there. The downloading bar is shown on the right hand side...
Devices using XBMC
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC7