• 3(current)
[ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC
meridius Wrote:the skin seems to not be as smooth at running to very jerky scroling of posters i am running this on a i5 2.8 with 8 gig of ram on windows 7 and its not smooth

just my thoughts
Seriously? I am running it on my MacBook with 4Gb and its running very nicely indeed, just installed it on my ATV2 and it seems to be okay on there also to be honest. Probably the fastest skin I have installed, and definitely running smooth even on the ATV2.
Devices using XBMC
iMac | MacBook | MacBook Air | AppleTV2 | iPad | iPhone4
DazNoonan Wrote:Just a quick thing I have noticed...

Star Rating
Looking at the image it makes you think this film only has a 1 star rating when infact it has a 4 star rating... Should it not be that the stars light white with the ratings rather than black and it being backwards? Look at Avatar in your image for instance too, should that not be 5 white stars?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cheers

Hey Daz,

That's how Welo designed it. I'll have a think later on!

Cheers
liquidskin76 Wrote:Hey Daz,

That's how Welo designed it. I'll have a think later on!

Cheers
I see mate, thats no problem... I personally think it will look better if the stars light up white for the rating though. What do you think about it? Also when Hitcher posted a screen a few posts back it looked how I was expecting it would so maybe its a bug?

Or if we do want it to light up in black then it would still look better coming from the left I think rather than the right?
Devices using XBMC
DazNoonan Wrote:Seriously? I am running it on my MacBook with 4Gb and its running very nicely indeed, just installed it on my ATV2 and it seems to be okay on there also to be honest. Probably the fastest skin I have installed, and definitely running smooth even on the ATV2.
+1, it's running really fast and smoothly on my ION nettop (U2300 celeron 2 cores, 2G of RAM), so not really a powerful computer.
DazNoonan Wrote:Seriously? I am running it on my MacBook with 4Gb and its running very nicely indeed, just installed it on my ATV2 and it seems to be okay on there also to be honest. Probably the fastest skin I have installed, and definitely running smooth even on the ATV2.

sorry your right it must of been when i installed it it was very jerky but since i rerset xbmc its now smooth sorry about that it must of been when i installed it must of upset xbmc
Hey sialivi,

sialivi Wrote:[Home Screen Navigation Unintuitiveness]
You press "Down" to get to the "Latest <whatever>", and then you press "Down" again to return to the main menu. This feel unintuitive, my instinct was to press "Up" to return to the menu since it's located above the "Latest".

That's a bug. Should be an onup command. I've sorted.

sialivi Wrote:[Consistency]
In the skin settings, I suggest changing "Hide Programs" to "Hide Apps" so it matches what it's called on the Home Screen.

Agreed! I've changed this.

sialivi Wrote:[Shutdown Menu]
Not mentioned in the missing features section of the first post but the Shutdown Menu (Is that what it's called?) is missing.

Shutdown options are on a sub menu off the main menu, so up when on the shutdown main menu option.

sialivi Wrote:[Missing Setting]
A "Hide Settings" option in the settings (I don't trust anyone but myself to mess with the settings). This of course require the Shutdown menu to be implemented on the Home Screen first and have the Settings option available there.

I didn't do a 'Hide Settings' option as it can cause all sorts of confusion when gone! Maybe i should add one?

sialivi Wrote:[Scrolling Text]
In the Movie Details in the bottom right corner, the scrolling text doesn't stop when it reach the end of the text, it starts over immediatly. I suggest it stops for a brief period of time before starting over.

I'll check it out.

sialivi Wrote:[On-screen Keyboard]
The On-screen Keyboard doesn't have a background when editing movie titles, making it very hard to see.

That's part of the incomplete stuff (see list in main post)! Will be sorted for the beta.

sialivi Wrote:[Videos Section]
The Videos section is either not implemented yet (not mentioned in the missing features section of the first post) or not working.

It's missing the default art however i was never going to go to town on the video section. How is it not working?

sialivi Wrote:[Missing Arrows]
In the "Latest <Whatever>" part of the Home Screen there are >> arrows indicating there are more titles if you scroll to the right. There are however no << arrows.

I'll check this out.

Cheers for all your feedback.
another couple of faults i found is with the tv shows logos,

when my tv shows are labeld web-dl they still show up as hdtv in welo but as there not hdtv the skin should look for the name of the file to see if it has web-dl and display a logo for that

also the scrolling of the text is way to fast to read on the info of a tv and movie
Hitcher Wrote:The Music > Tracks animation only works once but I had it working in the initial release.

Yeah, got that already. Will be sorted for beta.

Hitcher Wrote:No Stars, Runtimes, etc for Lists anymore

They will be back! Forgot to mention that one. I'll update the main post.

Hitcher Wrote:Also the Wall has lost it's focused border and changed from the original design

Got that one already as well! Lost it when i was playing arround with poster frames. It will be sorted for the beta.

Cheers Hitcher. Wink
liquidskin76 Wrote:I didn't do a 'Hide Settings' option as it can cause all sorts of confusion when gone! Maybe i should add one?
Personally I don't think you should add one either as it can cause issues if you select it, there is no hard in having settings along the top to be honest as its something almost everyone will always need.
Devices using XBMC
Hey krish,

krish_2k4 Wrote:- in the movies section, some movies are missing the resolution icon there is "1080", "720", "480" but is missing "540" or it does not show up.

I'll check that one out.

krish_2k4 Wrote:I like the Apps section but is it possible to have "video addons" included in this section?

I believe the videos, music, etc add-ons are separate to the program add-ons? You can quickly access from the videos and music sub menus. I'll add 'video add-ons' to the movies sub menus as well.

Cheers.
esprit Wrote:Wow, that is a really nice skin !

Here some bug report :
- in the main menu / movie, if the movie title is more than one line, then it overlaps with the movie year :

- the french translation need some work (I can help with that if you have no one), for exemple, in the previous screenshot, it should be "Surveillez vos films" not "votre films", but that's not really important so far.

I didn't find how to access the display options in the movie menu (for exemple to filter or not on already seen medias). Is it me (that's really possible) or is it not implemented yet ?

Keep up the good work, I really like it.

Hey esprit,

I'll have a look at the title/year overlap. Thanks

Regarding a french translation, can you pm me a reminder. A translation later on (closer to release) would be great!

Regarding display options, press up if in poster view, or left if in list/wall view. This will take you to the main menu. Then press up to access submenu.

Cheers
liquidskin76 Wrote:Shutdown options are on a sub menu off the main menu, so up when on the shutdown main menu option.
liquidskin76 Wrote:I didn't do a 'Hide Settings' option as it can cause all sorts of confusion when gone! Maybe i should add one?

Most skins have Shutdown Menus with both the Shutdown Options and a link to the Settings. This way you can hide both the Shutdown and Settings but still have access to both when needed. I personally don't trust my computer illiterate GF or drunken friends not to mess up my settings when I'm not in control of the remote Wink

liquidskin76 Wrote:It's missing the default art however i was never going to go to town on the video section. How is it not working?

In all other skins when I go to the Videos section I have access to all my Video sources: Movies, TV, Music Videos, Locally Stored Trailers, Home Videos, Misc, etc.

In Welo this section is just blank, there's nothing there, and the only navigation key that does anything is "Back". Edit: Actually, the first time I tried the skin the Videos link took me to TV Shows, but after navigating away from there it only took me to the blank section from then on.

Pressing "Up" on Videos on the Home Screen and selecting Files also takes me to the blank section.

Edit:
Turns out this blank screen can be reached in TV-Shows/Files and Movies/Files as well. I need to reset all Welo settings to describe the steps for this bug. How do I do that? Deleted all welo references in guisettings.xml and in ViewModes4.db but that didn't totally reset the skin.
DazNoonan Wrote:When opening up XBMC and the scanning library is taking place and being displayed at the top, any notifications (such as the Trakt one) overlays this so its looks a mess. Can it be changed so they would show next to each other? This is not a request, I am assuming its a bug?

Ah, of course! That's a design bug. I'll take a look.

Cheers
meridius Wrote:I agree hitchers version was better, i love the work you have done to the skin but why did you remove these options and alos made it look more blue than gray now ? I hope you add the options back as it looked much more polished than your version.

Don't worry, the stars, etc on the lists will be back. I've updated the main post.

Regarding middle section colour, that's prob a design mistake from when i worked on the backgrounds. There's two version in Welo's mockups. I expect i used the wrong colour tint. I'll sort.

meridius Wrote:also what happend to some of the different views on the home screen ? not liking the thumb nail for tv shows should add an option to look more like the movies part.

What different views on the home screen? There was only ever poster view for Movies recent/random, landscape for TV recent/random, and double album for Music recent/random.

meridius Wrote:the skin seems to not be as smooth at running to very jerky and scrolling is not very smooth of posters i am running this on a i5 2.8 with 8 gig of ram on windows 7 and its not smooth at all.

you should of finished the skin of but you have removed some of the views changed the colour removed some features like in jitchers pictures and is very jerky seems to be a great step back

sorry just my thoughts

Not sure why it's not smooth on your system. I developed on an i7 and it's fine. Also tested on an i3 (my htpc) and it's fine. And DazNoon has comfirmed good performance on ATV2.

Sorry it hasn't lived up to your expectation however it's an alpha. I haven't removed any views, made one mistake on the middle colour section, and like i said, performance is fine on my i7/i3 and an ATV2.

I want bug reports, not criticism because you think i've messed up. The skin isn't finished yet.

[EDIT:] Just read your later post. Glad the performance issues are sorted.
sialivi Wrote:In all other skins when I go to the Videos section I have access to all my Video sources: Movies, TV, Music Videos, Locally Stored Trailers, Home Videos, Misc, etc.

In Welo this section is just blank, there's nothing there, and the only navigation key that does anything is "Back". Edit: Actually, the first time I tried the skin the Videos link took me to TV Shows, but after navigating away from there it only took me to the blank section from then on.

Pressing "Up" on Videos on the Home Screen and selecting Files also takes me to the blank section.

Edit:
Turns out this blank screen can be reached in TV-Shows/Files and Movies/Files as well. I need to reset all Welo settings to describe the steps for this bug. How do I do that? Deleted all welo references in guisettings.xml and in ViewModes4.db but that didn't totally reset the skin.

Really strange. All appears to be working fine at my end. Are you running Dharma/Dharma 10.1, or a nightly?

Thanks
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC7