• 7(current)
Anybody know a GOOD file renamer?
Nick8888 Wrote:You are correct.

Utorrent will not be faster than usenet. Perhaps close to equal but personally I've never had a torrent go over 500kb/s or is that KB/s? it confuses me too..

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_megab...d_megabits

Thanks Nick8888. I myself had not gotten great speeds in the past but I just got a new router with my service and like magic my Torrents were 1.5MB/s up to 2.1MB/s. It has been crazy! I keep thinking that when my kid gets older he is going to laugh at those speeds! lol
Torrent speeds will depend on how many quality peers you are connected to if your on a private tracker and they have a lot of peers using seedboxes then your get fast speeds

Usenet is so much safer it seems crazy to me to still use a system that lets anyone with a client see your ip what your downloading and more importantly uploading including the RIAA and MPAA

I would certainly use a seedbox if I was using torrents Wink
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
TheRenamer does a good job too! A friend of mine has been promoting SickBeard so I'll likely move that direction.
Frank_Castl3 Wrote:TheRenamer does a good job too! A friend of mine has been promoting SickBeard so I'll likely move that direction.

Um... I would say without a doubt do that!
Natbur's TV Renamer (if you can still find it, his site appears to be down ...)
I like to name my shows like this

<Title>.<Season/Episode>.<Source>.<Codec>

for example

Breaking.Bad.S01E01.DVDRiP.XViD

does sickbeard let me do that?
No Sickbeard doesn't provide source or codec but do any ?

The one I linked to in this thread will let you do what you want as it allows you to set tags that you want to remain in the file name in your case DVDRiP and XViD obviously those tags have to exist in the original file name Smile

I use to use it to do exactly that with SABnzbd running it as a script

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=804826&postcount=3
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
>>X<<' Wrote:No Sickbeard doesn't provide source or codec but do any ?

The one I linked to in this thread will let you do what you want as it allows you to set tags that you want to remain in the file name in your case DVDRiP and XViD obviously those tags have to exist in the original file name Smile

I use to use it to do exactly that with SABnzbd running it as a script

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=804826&postcount=3

Ember scrapes all the meta data and then you just tell it to rename the files/folders the way you want it from the meta data. I have yet to find something like this for tv shows!

for movies
Ember scrapes the resolution (SDp, 480p, 720p) and source (dvd, bluray) and so on.

for example

- Origianl filename = Rango.2011.720p.Bluray.x264-VeDeTT.mkv
- Ember scrapes the meta data
- Tell Ember how you want it to rename ($X.$T $Y $R$?720p?720p.BluRay.x264?)
- Ember renames the file to "Rango.2011.720p.BluRay.x264.mkv" and places it in the folder ""Rango.2011.720p.BluRay.x264"
- All is done in a matter of seconds and is renamed when you scrape the movie form one click.

I have a particular way of renaming my movies and TV shows...I have a slight OCD issue lol
My all-time favorite is siren ( i use it even in Linux )
http://www.scarabee-software.net/en/siren.html
it is free but EXTREMELY versatile
I use Media Center Master that will rename Tvshows and movies and even move them from the donwload folder to your library folders

example:
Download folder: moviename.extratext.avi
rename : movie name (year).avi
moved : Movie\movie name (year)\movie name (year).avi

It will also download fanart,trailers,subs,movie info...if you need it, can be configurered to use Utorrent API to watch for new shows

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
EpNamer

and as far as torrents vs NZB, for me torrents cap my connection at around 9800k/sec vs around 1300k a sec (NZB)
Damon "Demios" Marjanovich
XBMC System - AMD x6 4.2gHz, 16gb DDR3, SLI Nvidia 465, 12tb Sata 6gbps HDDs, 5tb USB 3.0 external HDDs What's behind your xbmc?
If usenet doesn't cap your connection then there's something wrong Sad

Torrents work great if you don't mind everyone your connected to knowing when and what your downloading along with you IP even using a VPN is not a 100% safe using a seedbox is probably the safest

Thousands of torrent users prosecuted usenet uses prosecuted is zero AFAIK Shocked
I have not read the whole thread, but have you tried total commander. It has has superior multi file rename tool. Sorry if it has been mentioned..
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anybody know a GOOD file renamer?0