• 2(current)
Anybody know a GOOD file renamer?
Dose sickbeard have the ability to manually match episodes with what is on thetvdb? Some of my shows have different season and episode numbers than what is on thetvdb. The result is that they are displayed incorrect in xbmc.
tommymsw Wrote:Well that is the point to begin with. I would like to NOT have to manually rename them. As you see in my first post I may have a show that says The Monkeys\Season 1\ Episode 1 "episode name"

I would be very surprised if any renamer would work with that naming convention, AFAIK everything is gathered from the file name you don't have the show name in the file name so chances are it will see Episode as the show name without the show name hows it meant to do a lookup of the show, even if you had the show name in the file name you have nothing separating the show name from the episode name so how could identify the show name and episode name as two separate things

You best option would be to use a file name renamer to batch change them all to something like The.Monkeys.S01E01

Flexible Renamer is free and very good for this

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA014830/.../FlexRena/
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Hello,

You're going to have to get your hands a little dirty. Not too bad though.
You need to use something like this:
http://www.joejoesoft.com/cms/showpage.php?cid=108

Rename Master can rename a whole directory of files for you if you tell it what you want it to do. I.E. Replace Episode 1 Showname with something like the following:
The Monkees - S01E0*********
So what you would really be replacing would be the word "episode" and the space next to it, leaving the actual episode number, which is really all that other renamers or XBMC uses anyway. The name of the episode is not needed. Using this process you can rename all of your episodes to something that will be recognized by XBMC, Sickbeard, and/or any of the tv show renamers. You can pick and choose what files you perform an operation on so it shouldn't make any mistakes. Practice makes perfect, although it is not that hard.

Good luck,
Mark
TV Rename does a pretty good job of what I need, although you do have to still help it manually a lot. For example, when renaming the episodes of The Big Bang Theory (it did a good job) the software was still unable to to tell that (The Big Bang Theory/The Big Bang Theory - Season 2) was the season 2 folder. Either you need to rename the season folder to just "season 2" and I don't like that, or you have to manually tell the software that The Big Bang Theory - season 2, is the season 2 folder. Seems like every software has something it can't do.
Nick8888 Wrote:use sickbeard to manage your tv shows and you'll never look back.

Well I am giving up on Sickbeard. Looks like it may be a cool program if there were any instructions of how to use it. I have no idea how to configure it with Tvtorrents as simply checking the "use Tvtorrents" button does no good. Their forum also has ZERO information on setting up the program with Tvtorrents despite the fact that the program has Tvtorrents listen in the program. I also tried to sign up for their forum so I could ask there, but the forum never sends me the confirmation email that is required to sign in. If I do a Google search, I also come up with ZERO answers to my questions.
tommymsw Wrote:Well I am giving up on Sickbeard.
The title of the thread is "Anybody know a GOOD file renamer?" You didn't mention TVTorrents until much later after Sickbeard was mentioned

And yes, you need to Add the TV shows for them to be sorted. So you, um add the TV show and path to where you want them to be sorted to.

The rest sounds like a PEBKAC problem to me. (There are 2 torrent providers, TVTorrents isn't the only one and EZRSS has always been better IMHO.)

Second why do tutorials need to be written for the obvious.

Check to use TV torrents. Enter your credentials.
Check to Use torrents. Enter the blackhole path.

Tada. You now use torrents. Next up, my tutorial for putting pants on in the morning.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
tommymsw Wrote:Well I am giving up on Sickbeard. Looks like it may be a cool program if there were any instructions of how to use it. I have no idea how to configure it with Tvtorrents as simply checking the "use Tvtorrents" button does no good. Their forum also has ZERO information on setting up the program with Tvtorrents despite the fact that the program has Tvtorrents listen in the program. I also tried to sign up for their forum so I could ask there, but the forum never sends me the confirmation email that is required to sign in. If I do a Google search, I also come up with ZERO answers to my questions.

Sorry but it was my understanding this thread was about renaming your existing tv shows..

Edit: Darkscout beat me to the punch with a much better answer
Nick8888 Wrote:Sorry but it was my understanding this thread was about renaming your existing tv shows..

Edit: Darkscout beat me to the punch with a much better answer

well that was my original question but then you mentioned this program and on a side note I thought it looked cool. And obviously I know how to tick off a box that says Tvtorrents. And if it is that simple, then the program flat out does not work. I have BOTH Tvtorrents and Ezrss checked off. When I do a "test" download for something I can see on both sites and that sickbeard says I do not "have" but shows that I "want" it, I get a box that says it was unable to find the show.

This is my log:
May-26 09:53:04 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Unable to find a download for Rules of Engagement - S05E24 - The Last of the Red Hat Lovers
May-26 09:52:59 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Clearing EZRSS cache and updating with new information
May-26 09:52:58 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Searching EZRSS for Rules of Engagement - S05E24 - The Last of the Red Hat Lovers
May-26 09:52:58 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Clearing TvTorrents cache and updating with new information
May-26 09:52:58 ERROR SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: TvTorrents invalid digest, check your config
darkscout Wrote:The title of the thread is "Anybody know a GOOD file renamer?" You didn't mention TVTorrents until much later after Sickbeard was mentioned

And yes, you need to Add the TV shows for them to be sorted. So you, um add the TV show and path to where you want them to be sorted to.

The rest sounds like a PEBKAC problem to me. (There are 2 torrent providers, TVTorrents isn't the only one and EZRSS has always been better IMHO.)

Second why do tutorials need to be written for the obvious.

Check to use TV torrents. Enter your credentials.
Check to Use torrents. Enter the blackhole path.

Tada. You now use torrents. Next up, my tutorial for putting pants on in the morning.

And what may be "obvious" for you, may not be for the next guy. because I have never used Slickbeard before, my Tvtorrent "credentials" i.e. TvTorrent Digest: is unknown to me. I would have no idea what to put there as neither the Sickbeard forum or Tvtorrent have any mention of such a thing. neither does Google so it must be super obvious but not to me. In the 7 years I have been a member of Tvtorrents I have never had to know what my "TvTorrent Digest or Hash" is. I also can not find anybody on Tvtorrents that uses Slickbeard to ask them how they got it working and the only mention in the Slickbeard forum about Tvtorrents is a thread where somebody requested that they add the feature.
tommymsw Wrote:And what may be "obvious" for you, may not be for the next guy. because I have never used Slickbeard before, my Tvtorrent "credentials" i.e. TvTorrent Digest: is unknown to me. I would have no idea what to put there as neither the Sickbeard forum or Tvtorrent have any mention of such a thing. neither does Google so it must be super obvious but not to me. In the 7 years I have been a member of Tvtorrents I have never had to know what my "TvTorrent Digest or Hash" is. I also can not find anybody on Tvtorrents that uses Slickbeard to ask them how they got it working and the only mention in the Slickbeard forum about Tvtorrents is a thread where somebody requested that they add the feature.

I am not signing up to TvTorrents just to do your research but my guess is in your account you will find an rss link in the following format
Code:
url = 'http://www.tvtorrents.com/RssServlet?digest=[sickbeard.TVTORRENTS_DIGEST]&hash=[sickbeard.TVTORRENTS_HASH&fname=true&exclude=....
Nick8888 Wrote:I am not signing up to TvTorrents just to do your research but my guess is in your account you will find an rss link in the following format
Code:
url = 'http://www.tvtorrents.com/RssServlet?digest=[sickbeard.TVTORRENTS_DIGEST]&hash=[sickbeard.TVTORRENTS_HASH&fname=true&exclude=....

Lol... I appreciate your help (even if it is a little crabby). Yes, I had already gone to Tvtorrents and grabbed my rss URL, I copied and pasted the entire url into Tvtorrents Digest AND Tvtorrents Hash and either one or both. I am assuming I need two different things? One for Digest and one for Hash? It would just be nice if there was a tutorial somewhere of if Sickbeard mentioned anything about it. Either way, I am still at a loss why EZRSS does not work as that does not seem to want any credentials. I just keep getting "Unable to find a download for Rules of Engagement - S05E24 - The Last of the Red Hat Lovers".

Does this program work for you? Do you use EZRSS?
A HUGE reason you won't get much help:
Quote:This site is by invitation only. If you don't have a code, you won't be able to sign up. Requests for invitation codes will be deleted without response. The ONLY way to get one is from an existing member!
-
Also, appears to be a bug in his code. For some reason he's filtering EZRSS to only use TPB (The Pirate Bay) URLs. If you fix that regex, for some reason everything else fails as unknown quality.

Submitting a bug repo.
Code:
darkscout Wrote:A HUGE reason you won't get much help:

-
Also, appears to be a bug in his code. For some reason he's filtering EZRSS to only use TPB (The Pirate Bay) URLs. If you fix that regex, for some reason everything else fails as unknown quality.

Submitting a bug repo.

Thanks for the response darkscout but I have no idea what you just said. lol. I assume you are talking about Tvtorrents being a private site? But i do not know what you mean when you said "a bug in his code". Are you talking about the person who runs EZRSS? Are you saying I will not be able to download shows from there? Or is this something on my end?
Just use a batch/bulk renamer to fix your naming convention.. yes u have to do some work it's not fully automatic, one season at a time. I use Bulk Rename Utility whenever I need to mass rename something.
tommymsw Wrote:Lol... I appreciate your help (even if it is a little crabby). Yes, I had already gone to Tvtorrents and grabbed my rss URL, I copied and pasted the entire url into Tvtorrents Digest AND Tvtorrents Hash and either one or both. I am assuming I need two different things? One for Digest and one for Hash? It would just be nice if there was a tutorial somewhere of if Sickbeard mentioned anything about it. Either way, I am still at a loss why EZRSS does not work as that does not seem to want any credentials. I just keep getting "Unable to find a download for Rules of Engagement - S05E24 - The Last of the Red Hat Lovers".

Does this program work for you? Do you use EZRSS?

You need 2 different things. Inside the brackets is what goes where.
Code:
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anybody know a GOOD file renamer?0