[ATV G1] Setting up shared database for thumbnails and info
I have found a number of tutorials for doing this. I have XAMPP set up and running correctly on the ATV G1

I tried to set up the XBMC on the same machine to access the database at "localhost" in advances settings XML file.

I assume that XBMC sets up all of the database fieldsHuh

Is there a log file or other method of diagnosing the problem?
Hi,

If you are running XAMPP on another machine, your host needs to be the IP of the box.
You need to create the database and the users.

Once you start the library population the tables within the database should be created automatically.

Switch on debugging in your XBMC settings and then you can find logs from these places:

xbmc.log: /Users/frontrow/Library/Logs/xbmc.log
Console log: /Library/Logs/Console/501/console.log
Crashreporter log: /Users/frontrow/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/CrashReporter.log

I haven't tried this on ATV1 but I did set this up on my ATV2 just this week, I had a few problems at first :-) [see 2nd link in my signature]

Hope this helps & good luck.
--
XBMC HUB - THE NEW HOME FOR ADD-ONS and PLUGINS
Read how my ATV2 installation went
ATV2 one week on ... it's getting better all the time
XBMC/ATV2 - Feeling the love
--
XBMC:
Platform - Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 4.3 (Build 8F305)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
Platform - Darwin OSX (8.8.2 i386, Version 10.4.7 (Build 8N6014)).
The biggest problem is not on other machines so much as on the ATV1 (which runs as the database server)

I have a Windows, Mac and Linux Network and have so far configured a Linux (Mint 10) and Windows (7) clients. Alll are running XBMC 10.1

The ATV1 would not even populate the database. and the config is like this . The <skiploopfilter> option was pre - existing

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<skiploopfilter>8</skiploopfilter>

<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_video</name>
</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_audio</name>
</musicdatabase>

</advancedsettings>

I configured then a Linux machine and it did populate the database. It identified 80% of the content but refuses to identify the rest for some reason, even though there are blockbuster and classic titles.

After configuring the Windows machine, I found that the hostname appletv.local was unreliable , and caused XBMC to hang on load, so I configured the DHCP server to always assign 192.168.1.250 to the ATV1. After using the IP the Windows machine started XBMC, and I was able to resume watching the test movie that I had quit on the Linux machine. Problem is no thumbnails without re-scraping, and this defeats the purpose of a major part of this functionality. The Windows Box is currently updating (all?) thumbnails again as it has been for 40 minutes or so now.

What must I do so that I do not have to rescrape the thumbs on each instance of XBMC?

As for the ATV1 I suspect that using "localhost" is the issue and I should change that to 127.0.0.1.
I still have the issue on the ATV1, even when using "127.0.0.1" in place of "localhost"

It is beyond me why I can not connect to the database from the local machine.

Anyone have any ideas?

As for the rest the shared database idea is far more complex than it needs to be when it comes to the poster images, and descriptions.

It seems it could be far easier if the normal scrapes could be used and a folder defined on a network share. I can not set up several XVMC systems to all do the scrapes every time new content is added to my 600+ titles on the NAS.

The multi room resume however is working on Windows Mac and Linux, so far, but still no connection to localhost on ATV
You surely don't have mysql installed on your ATV? Your Ip should be the machine that the mysql server ( or apache/whatever ) is on.

With regards to rescanning libraries - you may want to have a look at this if you haven't already: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.p...#msg109149

Check out the path substitution part, this may help (again I haven't tried this yet & certainly not on the ATV1).
--
--
XBMC:
MySQL IS installed on ATV1 . This is the one system that is always on since it has no "off" button

I used the XAMPP package and does not seem to slow it down too much, if any at all.

All other XBMC installations have connected to it so far with no issues.
MarkosJal Wrote:MySQL IS installed on ATV1 . This is the one system that is always on since it has no "off" button

I used the XAMPP package and does not seem to slow it down too much, if any at all.

All other XBMC installations have connected to it so far with no issues.

Cool, didn't think that was possible. Might have to rethink my home solution if you get it working.

Have you tried the 192... ip address? Sorry can't think of much else at the moment. Good luck, I will be following this thread with interest for sure.
--
--
XBMC:
Jabba_29

I used the method for installing XAMPP found on this page.
http://www.darkmercury.net/site/installi...r_appletv/

However when it came to autostarting it , I used the method here Enabling using the AppleTV base installation

The other methods I found for installing on appleTV to "/" did not work for me.

I tried several methods for autostarting and most were more complex than nexessary considering Apple gives us a base to work from that requires only minor changes.

Also 0.7.4 seems to be the newest version that is usable unless you know how to extract from a DMG file, which I will be attempting soon so I can overcome my issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV G1] Setting up shared database for thumbnails and info0