Error on compiling the last today SVN on fedora 15
Lightbulb 
Good morning, yesterday i installed fedora 15 on my linux home server, today i want to compile the last version of svn but returned me some errors:

gcc: error: unrecognized option ‘--soname,../../../../system/players/dvdplayer/avutil-50-x86_64-linux.so’
make[1]: *** [../../../../system/players/dvdplayer/avutil-50-x86_64-linux.so] Errore 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ionserver/XBMC/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs'
make: *** [dvdpcodecs] Errore 2

anyone can help me?Sad
up!! and help pls
up!!
For a meaningful response:

You'll probably have to supply the rev that you are compiling. Whether you have all the dependancies from the readme on your system. Post the exact configure command you used....

Have you tried another git pull since?

Might be something was messed up in the source that stopped compilation working on Linux and has since been put right. Are you following the commit log on github to check for these kinds of corrections?

Bottom line is - you're on the bleeding edge with git - sometimes it won't even compile. Sometimes it compiles but is crashy as all hell.

Regards,

Jim
you bumped within 4h hours of the original post, cheeses, wait at least 24h, peeps here are from all around the world.

anyways, svn has been dead for a long time, use git.

the problem here is that gcc 4.5 is much more anal when it comes to passing linker options. as such, you need that to read -Wl,--soname,../../../../system/players/dvdplayer/avutil-50-x86_64-linux.so

this change was done months back in git master.
spiff Wrote:you bumped within 4h hours of the original post, cheeses, wait at least 24h, peeps here are from all around the world.

anyways, svn has been dead for a long time, use git.

the problem here is that gcc 4.5 is much more anal when it comes to passing linker options. as such, you need that to read -Wl,--soname,../../../../system/players/dvdplayer/avutil-50-x86_64-linux.so

this change was done months back in git master.

very thx i try Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error on compiling the last today SVN on fedora 150