Install XBMC on my mediaplayer
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:ding ding ding we have a winner

http://forum.xbmc.org/search.php?searchid=8519664

The link doesn't work, what was it trying to link to?

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
I dont understand the problem pseudo7? Company or private :S

i'm telling what I'm willing to pay/donate if anyone could help me with this. Both you and me understand that I do not want to use for my own mediaplayer.

It is not an settopbox dear Starstream. It is a mediaplayer with the specifcations i mentioned. But I dont feel it powerful enough.
Quote:I dont understand the problem pseudo7? Company or private :S
Private: You can easily build loads of powerful XBMC capable boxes for 3K and you would have them a lot quicker.

Company: Should contact XBMC via email
http://xbmc.org/about/contact/
But as they were saying, development isn't cheap. If you were acting for a company you would have to work out payments on a different kind of scheme

Quote:Both you and me understand that I do not want to use for my own mediaplayer.
I don't understand

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Quote:I don't understand
I guess he means that it is not for personal use.

Assuming it can be done in three weeks and that you mean 3 weeks from when the developer receives a couple of devices to work on.
20-50K will perhaps attract some attention.

If your budget is 3k I recommend you to find something else than software development to invest in.

If I missunderstand and this is not commercial you can of course donate but the team have many times stated that they do not accept targeted donations and that they never make any promises in return

No one can stop you from setting up a bounty on another site but the team have also stated that they are not in favour of that.
3 weeks is an very aggressive time schedule. For something of this level, even 30k would not cut it. More like 50-100k. Why? Because this level of 'need' would demand that all other projects/jobs/life go on hold and the sole focus be this project.
Leave the three weeks. Since they said it was abou two-three days worked I assumed 3k was enough. I meant to fit in two-three days within three weeks. Is this really so difficult. The cpu is the same as Boxee, it is only the GPU that differ.
nixnox2004 Wrote:Leave the three weeks. Since they said it was abou two-three days worked I assumed 3k was enough. I meant to fit in two-three days within three weeks. Is this really so difficult. The cpu is the same as Boxee, it is only the GPU that differ.

Huh ? Amlogic AML8726M is an arm based SoC with Mali 400 GPU . Boxee box runs an Intel ce41xx SoC which embeds a single core atom and PowerVR GPU.
So is there anyone being able to help me with this. Or at least tell me what to do maybe I can find someone at xbmc.nu who can make it. The prices 50-100k is faaar too much.
You need to find a C/C++ programmer and give them money. The devs already said they're not interested in doing this.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
And you are?....not a developer

That one developer is not intetested doesnt mean the rest aren't. If you are not a developer darkscout dont bother replying
Please looka at that url: http://www.chinadigitalcomm.com/post23865.html#p23865
There is the link to the latest kernel code for Amlogic M1 with date 2011-12-21

0___o wow with drivers Ithink

Maybe now we can start think to port Amlogic MESON-M1 8726M STV
nixnox2004 Wrote:And you are?....not a developer

That one developer is not intetested doesnt mean the rest aren't. If you are not a developer darkscout dont bother replying

You really need to chill out and watch how you talk to people that are trying to help you out. The facts have all been laid out in front of your face and you choose to ignore them. Your attitude is going to get you nowhere on here.

1. You have been told that they won't do a target donation for the money offered.
2. You have been given better options for a XBMC set top box.
3. You have been told that the money your offering won't get the ARM port done any faster.
4. You bring nothing to the table to get excited about.

It kind of pisses me off that you would tell darkscout that if he isn't a developer not to respond. The guy is always given out good information and willing to help. Stare

Software development is not cheap my friend.

I don't mean to come off like a dick, and I am sorry if I did, but I just want you to know that these guys are trying to help you out the best that they can and you might want to think about taking the responses you get as valuable information. Big Grin
I would be interested in your project but 3k would be treated as a disrespectful proposition.

Here's my demands :

It would require development cost upfront and midway through the project.

I would want part ownership in the company and hired on as a consultant during development throughout the life of the products designed, and future products.

If you can meet those then we can start to talk, expect to see non disclosures and non competition agreements otherwise wait to see if anyone will eventually port to ARM.

THANK YOU
guys this was like six months ago, the guy has probably moved on.
I'd ask for 1st born too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Install XBMC on my mediaplayer0