XBMC PVR screen usability
Hi All,

I have a fully working setup in my living room and it works well enough to use everyday.

I have a few niggling issues with screen design or usability and wondered how everyone else was using it or getting by.

1. The timeline feature always starts from the first channel rather than the one you are currently viewing. ( The fullscreen key that I have mapped to guide on my MCE remote)

2. clicking ok on the channel in the timeline brings up details where you can switch, add timer or ok. This seems a extra step, if I wanted to record or view the details the i could use the context button or info.

Anyone else got anymore...

Thanks,
Neil
2) is a known issue:
https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/issues/78
Thanks.

1) works like this for both UK Sky tv and my UK freeview tv so I think it fairly common way of working.

If everyone agrees then I will raise a ticket.
xxxnelly Wrote:Thanks.

1) works like this for both UK Sky tv and my UK freeview tv so I think it fairly common way of working.

If everyone agrees then I will raise a ticket.

1) +1
I´m used with this behavior to and always find myself a little lost when I bring up the time line view.

2) You can turn of the info dialog via advanced settings:

<pvr>
<showepginfoonselect>false</showepginfoonselect>
</pvr>
macardi Wrote:1) +1
I´m used with this behavior to and always find myself a little lost when I bring up the time line view.

2) You can turn of the info dialog via advanced settings:

<pvr>
<showepginfoonselect>false</showepginfoonselect>
</pvr>

Thanks, I will try that.

I have raised 1) number issue #124
xxxnelly Wrote:Anyone else got anymore...

There are two suggestions I would like to raise, but I´m not sure if it´s possible already or not. It concerns the skin engine:

1) I would find it useful if it was possible to mark the shows that are currently on the air in the time line view, with a different color or via a different texture.

2) In the OSD Channel dialogue, it would be useful to have a label that could present the next upcoming show.

Thoughts on this, is it possible already via the skin engine?

//marcus
macardi Wrote:There are two suggestions I would like to raise, but I´m not sure if it´s possible already or not. It concerns the skin engine:

1) I would find it useful if it was possible to mark the shows that are currently on the air in the time line view, with a different color or via a different texture.

2) In the OSD Channel dialogue, it would be useful to have a label that could present the next upcoming show.

Thoughts on this, is it possible already via the skin engine?

//marcus

1) Sounds good. Again the EPGs in Sky and Freeview have this feature so would be nice to have.
I have though of another one, now I have started to think more.

I given the channels in my backend numbers that are used by Sky. E.g Sky Sports 1 is 401. etc.

1) The channels are given the numbers in sequence (they follow the same order at least), rather than the number from the backend.

2) The number is also not shown when using the timeline EPG.

3) Finally then OSD doesnt clearly show the channel number.
you're free to create tickets, but the timeline code needs to be cleaned up first before I'm actually going to change much in it.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
xxxnelly Wrote:1. The timeline feature always starts from the first channel rather than the one you are currently viewing.

+1

That would be a very usefull improvement in the timeline usability.
Thanks dushmaniac.

I will raise tickets for each of these.

I have started looking at reconfiguring some of the mce to see if I can get some of the functionality I want.

I have added this to one of the keys but wondered if there was a list of the PVR commands. XBMC.ActivateWindow(PVROSDGuide)

Thanks,
Neil
xxxnelly Wrote:Thanks dushmaniac.

I will raise tickets for each of these.

I have started looking at reconfiguring some of the mce to see if I can get some of the functionality I want.

I have added this to one of the keys but wondered if there was a list of the PVR commands. XBMC.ActivateWindow(PVROSDGuide)

Thanks,
Neil

my pvr keys in remote.xml

<global>
<remote>
<mytv>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyTV)</mytv>
</remote>
</global>

<FullscreenVideo>
<remote>
<guide>XBMC.ActivateWindow(PVROSDGuide)</guide>
<recordedtv>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Teletext)</recordedtv>
</remote>
</FullscreenVideo>

<Visualisation>
<remote>
<playlist>XBMC.ActivateWindow(PVROSDChannels)</playlist>
</remote>
</Visualisation>
decaturguy Wrote:my pvr keys in remote.xml

<global>
<remote>
<mytv>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyTV)</mytv>
</remote>
</global>

<FullscreenVideo>
<remote>
<guide>XBMC.ActivateWindow(PVROSDGuide)</guide>
<recordedtv>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Teletext)</recordedtv>
</remote>
</FullscreenVideo>

<Visualisation>
<remote>
<playlist>XBMC.ActivateWindow(PVROSDChannels)</playlist>
</remote>
</Visualisation>

Thanks,

This is a good one instead of using the timeline all the time.
XBMC.ActivateWindow(PVROSDChannels)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC PVR screen usability0