Xbmc dlna upnp
Question 
Hello,

I would like to output video and audio to my xbmc server from itunes or rhythym box or banshee. I have been googling around reading up on rygel and various tools but i figured this should be easier.

Any ideas ?
XBMC will act as a uPnP client. When you're adding a source you just need to select "uPnP Devices" from the Browse dialog. However note that you can't add uPnP sources to the library.

JR
I am sorry I do not understand what you meant at all. Seems like you said I could add a client but could not use it. Even if I "add a client" how is it accessible from itunes.

Basically I want to be able to browse my music from itunes, rhythym or bansheee click play and hear it on my machine running xbmc i already share the music to the xbmc but.... Using the web interface or a remote control to change music and buildplaylists on the fly is terrible.
Maybe I've misunderstood what you are asking.

I'm not familiar with rhythym or bansheee, but your original post suggested they can act as uPnP servers, and if so XBMC can play music from them.

As far as I now the iTunes app doesn't act as a uPnP server. There are various ways to play music from the iTunes database. Searching this forum for iTunes should give you plenty of ideas.

JR
I can browse my music from xbmc and I can browse my itunes over a daap share. But that's the problem I can browse and play from the xbmc.

Instead I want to be able to browse my music on my computer and when i hit play it will play on the xbmc.
ugh i'm just dim some days. I don't know why i don't just friggin read. Anyway I got control from windows media player. I can browse the movies and music there and play them to the xbmc media renderer. With my apple tv running xbmc in the bedroom it's so easy to just send via itunes as an air speaker but i couldn't send video. I wanted to do the same for my linux box running xbmc on the main tv..

Xbmc interface isn't the greatest for selecting music which is why i like to remote control it and have the greater selection right in front of me.

Thanks for all replies!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc dlna upnp0