How to make Harmony remote work with MCE ir reciever?
I'm using a MCE remote with a usb ir reciever(rc6) with my XBMC-live.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00066FIO6/ref=...B00066FIO6

Just bought a Harmony 600 universal remote but can't find the ir reciever when adding devices to controll.

http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/remotes/un...vices/6620

Need help to make my harmony work with my ir-reciever, anyone?
My best solution for my problem was to add the "asrock ION 330ht" as a device as this is a pretty similar setup as mine. I built my own HTPC from scratch based on an ION motherboard, so using the asrock was just a wild guess.
It looks like most of the buttons are working just as the original mce; so far this is doing the job.

If someone has a better solution please let me knowNod
I set mine up as a windows media center pc. I'm using a Antec Veris VFD display/ir receiver. Prior to that I was using a windows media center usb dongle. I didn't need to change a thing when I swiched to the Veris.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
I've been wanting to setup my Harmony remote with XBMC for quite some time but until recently had no luck.

Initially I purchased a generic MCE remote which I couldn't get to work with the Harmony remote to the point that I wanted.

I finally purchased a Microsoft brand MCE USB ir receiver (eBay $10) and setup the Harmony remote as a
Brand: Microsoft
Device: MCE Keyboard

If you setup XBMC in the system functions to 'remote sends keys' then all you have to do is setup the Harmony remote buttons to the appropriate keys.

I believe the Microsoft USB ir receiver you have can be setup for keyboard as well. (I believe/hope).

You then can setup the
'Info Button' = I
'Ok/Enter'=<return>
'Play'/'Pause'=P
'Exit'=<backspace>
'Clear'=<Esc>
'Stop'=X
'Subtitles'=T
and so on and so on....

I love my Harmony remote now and would never go back.

I hope this helps. 'Cause nothing complements a nice XBMC Home Theater setup like a nice Harmony remote Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to make Harmony remote work with MCE ir reciever?0