Download to remote storage
amet Wrote:you would get the best results alerting the addon developers/maintainers directly in the relevant threads.

Sorry late edit on previous post. Just, so am covering the entire issue, does your resolution also apply to other sharing protocols eg. FTP and upnp. I am unsure of their current status with this function.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

activate Wrote:Sorry late edit on previous post. Just, so am covering the entire issue, does your resolution also apply to other sharing protocols eg. FTP and upnp. I am unsure of their current status with this function.

xbmc treats FTP as read only, I have no idea how upnp works, sorry

the idea is, if you can write to the share via "file manager" in xbmc the xbmcvfs.copy() will mimic that...
@amet

Thanks mate, I will forward this request to the relevant addons. I hope you don't get a rush of queries Blush

@eTip

Mate, incase you are considering the same and we don't double up, I will request this adjustment from the following addons/repos. Let me know if you want met to do anymore. Ta.

Icefilms
Youtube
Filmibynature
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

activate Wrote:@amet

Thanks mate, I will forward this request to the relevant addons. I hope you don't get a rush of queries Blush

@eTip

Mate, incase you are considering the same and we don't double up, I will request this adjustment from the following addons/repos. Let me know if you want met to do anymore. Ta.

Icefilms
Youtube
Filmibynature

Thanks for your persistence in sorting this out & sorry for misleading you. It's now obvious that I never downloaded anything to an SMB share. I sure thought I had but must have just done the foder creation bit & assumed it was working.

navi-x would be the only thing I can think of that you might want to add to your list.
Navi-X will not download to remote storage currently, so you'd have to download it to a local disk first, then transfer it outside of Navi-X, via XBMC or computer. Apparently it's an XBMC limitation via python. Rodejo is looking into it.
(2011-05-30, 08:17)amet Wrote: unless the addons that you are using are modified to use xbmcvfs.copy('src', 'dest') you will not be able to save to SMB://

external python doesnt know what SMB:// is, thats why the addon needs to download to a 'temp' location on a local drive and then copy using xbmcvfs to SMB://
Sorry for the shameless bump and bringing all that back but I have a related issue.

I'm using Youtube Addon (4.4.4) on Frodo 12.2 running on ATV2.
My Youtube download path is set to a SMB:// directory (actually, tried both SMB and NFS, none works)
The SMB directory is set on a Synology, with all rights granted 777 and works fine (I have no problem to delete movies videos from XBMC menu after watching them for instance)

Every time I try to download a Youtube video to this remote directory, it fails. The video stays into the script.module.simple.downloader directory.

Of course I've reported this issue to the dedicated Youtube Addon thread, also to the SimpleDownloader thread, and also on the Youtube Git repo.
It seems everyone is replying "it's not me, it's them" ... so, here I am. Sleepy

Here is a log showing the issue : http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=20258 (lines 342 & 343)

And here is answer I got from Youtube Addon dev :
Quote:The file move is done using the "xbmcvfs" library provided by xbmc.
I would suggest you try upgrading your xbmc to the latest version, and if you still encounter the problem you should take it up with team xbmc. The xbmcvfs library we utilize was made specifically to support nfs and smb shares.

Now ... is anybody able to help me on that please ? Rolleyes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Download to remote storage1