[LINUX] XBMC-PVR and TVHeadend two tuner cards, no simultanious recording
Hi guys,

I'm sucessfully using XBMC-PVR in combination with TVHeadend on a two tuner DVB-C system. The cards are configured indentically.

When I want to record two programs at the same time, TVHeadend is telling me that tuner number one is already in use, and cannot record the second program.

How do I get TVHeadend to use the second tuner to record the second program?
Polyphemus Wrote:Hi guys,

I'm sucessfully using XBMC-PVR in combination with TVHeadend on a two tuner DVB-C system. The cards are configured indentically.

When I want to record two programs at the same time, TVHeadend is telling me that tuner number one is already in use, and cannot record the second program.

How do I get TVHeadend to use the second tuner to record the second program?

I'm fairly sure TVHeadends support for Dual Tuners can't really do that.

There is apparently going to be (or in progress) a rewrite of the way TVHeadend handles tuners to support dual tuners better.

VDR supports dual tuners better. What it does it recognise you have two DVB-C tuners, has one set of tuning data/channels and then when one tuner is busy being used to watch/record it will pick the other free compatible tuner for a 2nd request. Whereas I think you need to have separate channel lists/tuning data for each tuner in TVHeadend and specifically tell that tuner to watch/record.

I may be a bit wrong with this but no doubt someone will correct me if I am.

I have two DVB-S2 tuners and use VDR. I can do watching and recording fine.
Did you map the channels manually? Make sure the channels are mapped on _both_ the adapters else Tvheadend will only use one. Check this in the 'service' overview of both adapters and see if they are mapped.
HTPC + Mediaserver
E8400 - ABIT I-N73HD - 2GB DDR2 - 3.5TB - Geforce G210 - ANTEC FUSION V2 - Ubuntu 10.04 - XBMC-PVR

TV-Server
Ubuntu 10.04 - Tvheadend - Smargo Reader - Oscam Card Server - 2x PCI DVB-C

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] XBMC-PVR and TVHeadend two tuner cards, no simultanious recording0