Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty): '10-30% increase in power consumption' - still an issue?
At the moment I have a setup running a completely custom build, based upon Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick) -minimal install- and xbmc-standalone (git version from somewhere around the end of february). Runs really great.

But now I have bought a SSD, and I'd like to install a complete new software setup on that disk. Ubuntu 11.04 minimal and latest xbmc from git.

The thing is: I've read that Ubuntu 11.04 comes with an issue that I don't really like: 10-30% increase in power consumption (see also here and Natty Narwhal Release notes)

Instead of searching across lots of different forums, articles and whatever - I thought I'd just ask here: How much of an issue is this? Is it more of an issue on laptops? Or is it also happening on desktop like system (like my setup is), unnecessarily keeping clocks high and intervening with cool'n'quiet/speedstep and such types of power saving features?

Anyone experiencing higher power consumption with Ubuntu 11.04? Or not? Or ....?
Not sure how this relates to xbmc but if you read your own links it is possibly resolved in 2.6.32.39.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty): '10-30% increase in power consumption' - still an issue?0