XBMC + Ubuntu 11.04 + ION2: can you play 1080p video?
Hi guys,
I've got an Asus 1015PN, Ubuntu 11.04 with Nvidia ION2 (driver 270.41.19 downloaded from nvidia site), 2GB RAM and XBMC compiled yesterday...
the VDPAU option is enable as default but I've tryed to play some .mkv 1080p video and even if I don't get really stuck, the video doesn't seems very smooth.
Any idea in order to get full-hd video playing well on my netbook?
How can I test if the VDPAU or something else is working well on my system?
My videos are stored in an external usb hd... should I have to put the 1080p video in the local hd to get it works fine? Hope the usb is not the problem but...

I was thinking that nvidia ION2 can mange very well 1080p... Sad
Well, if you hope that USB is not the problem maybe you should try copying it to the local hard drive before creating a thread.

Then you can know for sure that USB is not the problem.

ION2 ~= GT220, which I can play the highest bitrate MKVs with no problems for me.

What does your debug log show?
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Thanks for reply!
When I'll get back to my home I'll try to copy it on local hd and I'll take a look in the log too.

Can I ask you what's your configuration? Do you run Ubuntu 11.04? Have you build xbmc or install the precompiled version?

Have you need to change some settings in your system or in the xbmc settings in order to get the mkv working well?

Thanks!
Marco
I didn't have to change a thing.

I run Debian Sid on amd64, compiled myself.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
darkscout Wrote:ION2 ~= GT220, which I can play the highest bitrate MKVs with no problems for me.

More like 210, can't do temporal spatial with 1080i?
Markino Wrote:Hi guys,
I've got an Asus 1015PN, Ubuntu 11.04 with Nvidia ION2 (driver 270.41.19 downloaded from nvidia site), 2GB RAM and XBMC compiled yesterday...
the VDPAU option is enable as default but I've tryed to play some .mkv 1080p video and even if I don't get really stuck, the video doesn't seems very smooth.
Any idea in order to get full-hd video playing well on my netbook?
How can I test if the VDPAU or something else is working well on my system?
My videos are stored in an external usb hd... should I have to put the 1080p video in the local hd to get it works fine? Hope the usb is not the problem but...

I was thinking that nvidia ION2 can mange very well 1080p... Sad

Have no problem playing 1080p material on a Atom 525 with ion2 (Jetway) with source coming over 802.11g. This is with Opensuse 11.4 distro that is sort of between Ubuntu 10 and 11. Everything is stock distro/repo including XBMC 10.

Are you compiling XBMC 11? It is not a stable product yet. Do you need XBMC 11? If not, why not just get the XBMC 10 from Ubuntu PPA for xbmc rather than compiling and try it out.

Also click o (letter o) when the video is playing and see if it mentions vdpau in the decoder. If vdpau is not mentioned anywhere then vdpau is not being used and the low power cpu in your netbook may show the symptoms you have.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC + Ubuntu 11.04 + ION2: can you play 1080p video?0