Need help : DSPLAYER with MKV (haali + ffdshow)
Hello all,

I'm in need of some help. I'm not an expert considering video codecs, I have searched the forum, but I cant' seem to figure it out.
I'm using a DSPLAYER build of XBMC, love it. Currently I'm having a problem when running MKV files of my DVD collection (mpeg 2 format). I can run the H264 HD mkvs perfectly using dsplayer. Also running high def MTS files is great. But my DVD's which I 'ripped' with MakeMKV don't work. When trying to run them with dsplayer, the system crashes completely.
I learned that a splitter might be needed to solve this, so XBMC knows to use a different videocodec when running MKVs from dvds compared to mkvs from blu rays. So I installed HAALI media SPLITTER. I also added this :

<rule filetypes="mkv">
<source filter="haali" />
<splitter filter="haali" />
<video filter="mpcvideodec" />
<audio filter="mpaaudiodec" />
<!--<extra filter="dcgraphiceq" /> -->
</rule>

From this link : http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:_Using_DSPlayer

But it doesn't work.

My question is, where do I look to try and figure this out. Is there someone who can perhaps guide me a little bit in configuring XBMC to use MKVs of not only blu rays with DSPLAYER. But explain in human language, because I have to admit, I have learned a lot in the past weeks, but the whole video thing in XBMC is pretty complex to me :-)

Thanks for you time already,
Grave

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help : DSPLAYER with MKV (haali + ffdshow)0