Bit perfect Audio in XBMC
Ok thanks, will try the settings (some I have already) and let you know.
Odroid N2+ and Venz V10Pro (S905X), Sony DN1080 AVR, Samsung 49" LCD, Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers
I'm having the same problems as talked about in this thread.

Playing music on xbmcbuntu 12.1, FLAC or WAV files with HDCD encoded music makes my receiver constantly switch between HDCD and PCM. This indicates that something is interfering with the least significant bit in the audiostream.

Replaygain is off, preamp is set to 89.0dB (both) and I have tried the audiophile setting in advancedsettings.xml.

Is there a fix or workaround for this issue? I'd like to know my audio is bit perfect.
Just before someone points out that this is a Windows thread and both TonioRoffo and I have referred to problems on linux platforms, I did have a similar issue on Windows, so I think it may be affecting both. If others are having flawless uncompressed multichannel performance on Windows, please post.
Odroid N2+ and Venz V10Pro (S905X), Sony DN1080 AVR, Samsung 49" LCD, Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers
i have done some more testsregarding the HDCD Problem.

the problem seems to be the volume settings (with or without replay Gain).

My Testfile has a Gain Level of 88.5db, but i can set XBMC only to 88 or 89db, so sometimes during the Playbackthe last bit were changed. At this Point the Receiver is switching from HDCD to 2Ch Stereo.

Maybe it would be a good solution to have a the possibility to set the Volume automatically to exactly the volume Level that is specified in the metadata of the audio File.

Someting like "Play Song with original Gain Level"

The main Volume has to be at 100%, btw. it would also be a good solution to have the option to set the Volume to affect only the anaolg outputs.

Cheers
HTPC (AMD X4 620, Geforce GT 520, Tevii 470, Antec Fusion Case with Imon LCD) with Openelec Gotham Nightlies
Raspberry Pi with Openelec Nightlies for Testing

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bit perfect Audio in XBMC2