Home Button on Wiiremote as Escape?
Using Advanced Launcher, I've got all my emulators set up to play the games. They open great, they close great, and everything works great. I'm quite happy with it.

Closing an emulator window requires pressing escape on the keyboard. Not really a problem, but I'd love to be able to get rid of my keyboard and just hit the Home button on my wiiremote. Currently I control XBMC with the Wiiremote plugin, and that works great too. If there's a way I can temporarily make the Home button send a keyboard press of Escape when an emulator is launched, that would be super awesome.

I have my emulators set to launch via scripts (to ensure that xbmc is put to sleep or killed if necessary while running the emulator) so if there's a quick line I could just add to the scripts to change how the wiiremote acts temporarily, that would work great.

Does anybody have a way to do this, or some other way to use the Wiiremote Home button to close out of an emulator?

EDIT: Whoops, I always forget to do this. I'm running Ubuntu 11.04, With XBMC just set to autorun as Gnome starts up.
If you are under windows there is a small script called GlovePIE that allow you to map gestures, button presses, and other actions to keyboard keys. I think you may be able to configure this script to assign the ESC key (or any other keys) to you Wiimote home button. Then you can modify your actual scripts (started by advanced launcher) to start the GlovePIE before the emulator. I'm not sure it will working.... It is just an idea.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home Button on Wiiremote as Escape?0