Silent, cheap (~$200) XBMC+Linux based HTPC example, [Linux], ION
Lightbulb 
Hi guys,

I just wrote a rather long post on the HTPC I built last year. It's running XBMC on Linux from an SSD, and is based on the first generation ION platform (ASRock A330ION board).

For those who are interested:
http://csongor.fagyal.com/2011/05/15/sil...ased-htpc/

Great blog. If this gets stickied, the numbers of posts here will be cut in half.
Thumbs Up 
mr.sparkle Wrote:Great blog. If this gets stickied, the numbers of posts here will be cut in half.

Thank you!

Actually it could have been twice this long if I had included how to build and configure a serial IR receiver, but I thought the post was too long already Smile
Nicely written blog. While I really enjoyed putting together my HTPC, I didn't enjoy installing XBMC-live as much. My linux-fu is very weak...
Star 
old sparks Wrote:Nicely written blog. While I really enjoyed putting together my HTPC, I didn't enjoy installing XBMC-live as much. My linux-fu is very weak...

I have been thinking about taking the disc image I have now and just make it downloadable. In that case all you would need is to put that image onto a flash drive, and boot from there. Provided you use the same HW as I do, it would "just work".
(2011-06-01, 02:44)fagzal Wrote: It's running XBMC on Linux from an SSD, and is based on the first generation ION platform (ASRock A330ION board).

Hi, i found very interesting your guide, and i want to build a similar htcp.
My problem: the board you have used ASRock A330ION board, is a bit old and now difficult to found.
Can you tell me about a similar board but most recent?
i prefer intel cpu, onboard if exist.. and i want as much as possible compatible with linux.. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Silent, cheap (~$200) XBMC+Linux based HTPC example, [Linux], ION0