[ATV2] Exposed VNC
Apple TV 2 running 4.2.1

This morning I noticed [while checking out the list of addons for nitoTV] that 'Exposed' was available.

Through nitoTV, I installed Exposed as well as the settings addon located directly below that then rebooted my ATV2.

By looking again at the addon list from nitoTV I am able to see that it is infact installed yet I don't see how I can configure it's settings.

How do I now connect to my ATV2 using VNC from a PC?

Will I be able to see XBMC via VNC as well, or is it just for native ATV2 apps? Can I control the GUI using my mouse and the VNC software or will I still have to use the ATV2 remote to navigate the menu's?
You'll see low tide. You won't see a video when running on low tide and you won't see xbmc. You can control settings through vnc. I used chicken on mac. Don't think they have a windows version, although i am sure you can google to find an option.

The settings if i remember correctly are in mainmenu extensions in lowtide.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Remember that CPU is a valuable resource on the atv2 and using Exposed will suck CPU away from what ever it's doing. I do NOT recommend trying to run xbmc over VNC.
davilla Wrote:Remember that CPU is a valuable resource on the atv2 and using Exposed will suck CPU away from what ever it's doing. I do NOT recommend trying to run xbmc over VNC.

I didn't even think of the power it would need to do both XBMC & VNC!

I think I'll put that idea to the side until I can get XBMC on something a bit more powerful than the ATV2.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] Exposed VNC0