[WIP] Search script (looking for nightly build testers)
I've created a search addon for xbmc, which will allow you to search your video/music library right from the home screen.

if you're interested in testing it, download and install:
script.globalsearch-0.0.3.zip

if you run the latest T! svn version, you'll notice a search button, next to shutdown:

search results:

you can play each item right for the results screen, or use the context menu to play a trailer / view movie info / find all albums and songs by the selected artist and what more...

let me know if there's any issues :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
brilliant m8 works smoothly!
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
.:LAPTOP:. Dell [C2D E6400] [8G DDR2] [Intel X4500HD] [LED 14'' 1280*800@60p]
.:NAS:. Antec [Ci7 920] [12G DDR3] [Matrox m9148] [19.4 TiB] [Triple Samsung 22'' 5040*1050@60p]
.:HTPC:. Antec [C2 Q9400] [6G DDR2] [nv GT240 VP4] [SB X-FI Ti] [Toshiba 46'' 1920*1080@24p] [Logitech Z5K5]
you're diving on python side ronie Wink
ppic Wrote:you're diving on python side ronie Wink

i'm taking my first steps :-)

and i must say your scripts have been a great help to me when i was starting to learn python.
i must've stared at your code for hours when i was trying to figure out how to code certain things.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Works very good. I realy like that you can search for episodes, very useful.
ronie,

I take it this is a pre Eden only script, is that correct? I guess I will have to take a walk on the wild side and move from Dharma to integrate this into my skin. Looks Ubercool, guess it will be worth the effort. I also take it that the skin files in the script can be modified and dropped into my main skin directory, is that correct?

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
wyrm Wrote:ronie,

I take it this is a pre Eden only script, is that correct? I guess I will have to take a walk on the wild side and move from Dharma to integrate this into my skin. Looks Ubercool, guess it will be worth the effort. I also take it that the skin files in the script can be modified and dropped into my main skin directory, is that correct?

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

it's pre-eden only yes.
the main reason is i'm using json-rpc to fetch the search results
and the json-rpc implementation in dharma is lacking a lot of features.

i've made sure the addon is fully skinnable.

i'll write some proper skinnings docs asap, so you know what infolabels are available and which control id's represent what.
ronie Wrote:it's pre-eden only yes.
the main reason is i'm using json-rpc to fetch the search results
and the json-rpc implementation in dharma is lacking a lot of features.

i've made sure the addon is fully skinnable.

i'll write some proper skinnings docs asap, so you know what infolabels are available and which control id's represent what.
ronie,

Thanks mate, just installed pre Eden, and yes it's ubercool. Will see if I can add it to my skin in such a way as to not cause problems for people still on Dharma. Will take a sticky at the script and make a start from what I learn.

Thanks yet again.
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Very, very nice !

The way search should be in XBMC itself to be honest.
Sometimes it really starts slowing down XBMC and even crash it, but then again I'm hammering my skin reload key because I can't resist skinning it Laugh

Keep it up, it's very promising Smile
Jeroen Wrote:Sometimes it really starts slowing down XBMC and even crash it, but then again I'm hammering my skin reload key because I can't resist skinning it

to speed thing up during skinning, go to the addon settings and disable some/most of the search categories.
ronie Wrote:i'll write some proper skinnings docs asap, so you know what infolabels are available and which control id's represent what.

now then: README.txt
Like your script, Added supporting it onto my to-do list. Will it be avail on a repo soon ?
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Mudislander Wrote:Like your script, Added supporting it onto my to-do list. Will it be avail on a repo soon ?

it depends on if / how many bug reports i get.
i'll probably keep the beta up for testing for a week or two.

after that, if i'm convinced it's stable, i'll submit it to the repo
and patiently wait if it gets accepted or not.
Great script, really usefull with an ipad as remote and a button mapped to run the script. Lots of work to add in the skin, but definitely worth it. So far it works as expected.
Thank you ronie.Smile

However, I cannot effectively use it.
Because, "XBMC" in the on-screen keyboard
Is unable to enter the Japanese. Sad
Therefore, Japanese TV shows and Movies cannot be search.

Are there any good idea?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Search script (looking for nightly build testers)0