Why are episodes/seasons/movies missing??
Hi Guys,

So this is my first post. I have searched the forum, can't find an answer.

I am using the latest build of XBMC (stable) and I am running neon with windows XP. I currently have a TV show section with 3 shows presently;
i.e.
TV shows>lost>season 1>ep 1
TV shows>man v food>Season1>ep1

Etc.

So the tree is setup the same for each show,however, lost shows all seasons and all episodes whereas man v food just shows season 3 20 episodes...

I have 3 seasons of man v food and as far as I can see it's the exact same layout as lost.
The Simpsons doesn't even show up(which is my third show)

I am in library mode when this happens and when I go to "files" I can see everything (it's just ugly as hell).

The same is happening for HD movies. I can't seem to get the new movies I have downloaded since I first installed XBMC.

This can't be a bug. I know it's something I don't know(I've only been running XBMC for 3 days).

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much guys Smile
Welcome to XBMC

It may be:
Quote:TV shows>lost>season 1>ep 1
TV shows>man v food>ep1
Notice the difference?
In Lost you have specified a season in a folder, where as in Man v food you have not.

I'm never sure how to suggest trying to improve naming so I usually end up recommending what I have got

TV shows/(The tv show name)/(Season of the TV show)/(Episodes within that series named in the way specified below)

episode naming:
Man V food - S01E01.mkv
"S01" means Season 1
"E01" means Episode 1

For films you usually have to include the year for best results e.g. The Dark Knight (2008).mkv

for more info see the wiki:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=TV_...eo_Library)

Good luck!
(p.s. there is a pdf linked below in my signature which may help, it is light and simple)

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Thanks for the whom replySmile

Unfortunately the above wasa typo, I have man v food>season1>s01e1(not exactly that format.

I'm not familiar with things like sickbeard(I've used it and thought it was supposed to rename my shows automatically but it doesn't)

And the movies I will defiantly try that.
I have heard people have movies>movies name folder>movie.mkv

Do I need sub-folders? If so what's the fastest way to do this?

Also, say I add a new movie, I usually load xbmc up and it auto refreshes. Is that good enough to get all the newest media I've added?

Also the link you listed doesn't workSad
Works, but there is a bug with ), gets removed from link
Don't need folders for movies.

Once you have renamed files it's usually a good idea to "clean library":
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...eo_Library

Then scan for new content.

Quote:I have man v food>season1>s01e1(not exactly that format.
What is the format then?
Can't really help you about a specific problem if you are not specific about it.

By format do you mean mp4/mkv/avi
or
the way you havr your library formatted?

Edit:
I gave: Man V Food>Season1>s01e1
a go and it was fine.

Scanned in as season 1 episode 1

Thanks for replies guys.

So I uninstalled xbmc and reinstalled it for another issue and now it will not even load Man V Food. I didn't change anything, whereas previously it would just load season 3. I tried renaming files in Season 1 with no luck.

Like I said earlier, it's probably something simple that I am just not familiar with yet.

The man v food is .avi format.

I also noticed that after I reinstalled and pointed to my HD directories it started loading(scraping) some MKV files that it hadn't before. I'm just so confused but again, have a huge feeling it's something simple.

Just an FYI, for man v food season 3 it has the exact same file name as season 1 presently and my library was able to find it previous to my uninstall and now it can't find it? What gives?
Turn on debug logging (Settings | System | Debugging) and remove and readd your source for man v food, and others if you want. The resultant log file will show you what the scraper is doing and you may find out the source of your problem there. The wiki will tell you where the log file is locted for your platform.

If you can't work it out from the log file paste the contents of the log to pastebin.com or similar and drop a link here and someone may be able to help.

BTW, man v food has some funny naming conventions due to all the specials so check thetvdb.com to make sure they are named correctly.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why are episodes/seasons/movies missing??0