MP3 doesn't work | XBMC crash
I've got a problem with playing mp3 files. I use ubuntu 11.04 with alsa 1.0.24 audio drivers and the nvidia 270.41.19 video drivers. The xbmc version is the one from the unstable repository compiled june 2 2011.

The problem is that when i start a mp3 audio file xbmc crashes immediately. When i play flac files everything is working just fine. The problem is occurring for a couple of days now. Didn't want to mention it before because you can't expect an unstable to work correctly. I updated to ubuntu 11.04 today but the problem was also present in ubuntu 10.10.

The log doesn't make a lot a sense to me but i've noticed one strange thing. Theres no single line in the log that mentions the opening of the audiofile.

http://pastebin.com/Sjv0n95L

(log is the process of starting xbmc and trying to start a mp3 audio file)

I hope my text above makes sense to someone because English is not my native language for speech let alone typing.
Same problem here.
After watching Horatio Caine (CSI Miami) i tought why not trying to solve the problem my self. I only can learn i little bit Ubuntu from it.

Log mentioned a libmad witch can't be found so i installed libmad0 package en voila mp3 sounds are back.

Code:
sudo aptitude install libmad0

Never tought it could be that easy.
Adje Wrote:After watching Horatio Caine (CSI Miami) i tought why not trying to solve the problem my self. I only can learn i little bit Ubuntu from it.

Log mentioned a libmad witch can't be found so i installed libmad0 package en voila mp3 sounds are back.

Code:
sudo aptitude install libmad0

Never tought it could be that easy.
Thanks Adje! Indeed it was that simple. My Ubuntu version is 10.10 with XBMC unstable PPA.
If XBMC requires libmad then it should be one of the (required, or at least suggested) dependencies from the .deb file. Sounds like someone needs to fix the build script!
pete-woods Wrote:If XBMC requires libmad then it should be one of the (required, or at least suggested) dependencies from the .deb file. Sounds like someone needs to fix the build script!

You have NO IDEA!!!
<sarcasm>dude look up the definition of unstable</sarcasm>
buhahaha... yes.. gotta love folks jumping into the unstable builds and complaining at how unstable they can be... and from my side... installed unstable... music crashed.. checked log.. loaded libmad0 and all is well and we move on with life... but hope this thread helps those who don't read their logs

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MP3 doesn't work | XBMC crash0