ATV2 doesn't boot
Hi all,

I got my new ATV2 yesterday and managed to jailbreak it and to install XBMC. I also played around with nitoTV and Plex. So far everything works quite well (also my Harmony Remote).

However, when I unplug my ATV for a reboot (or type "reboot" in a shell), my ATV2 boots but only shows a black screen! I then have to ssh into the ATV, type a "killall AppleTV" and it works again. Any idea how to fix this? Or how to add the "killall AppleTV" to a startup script so that it's just executed at startup?

Thanks,
Philip
nachtzwerg Wrote:Hi all,

I got my new ATV2 yesterday and managed to jailbreak it and to install XBMC. I also played around with nitoTV and Plex. So far everything works quite well (also my Harmony Remote).

However, when I unplug my ATV for a reboot (or type "reboot" in a shell), my ATV2 boots but only shows a black screen! I then have to ssh into the ATV, type a "killall AppleTV" and it works again. Any idea how to fix this? Or how to add the "killall AppleTV" to a startup script so that it's just executed at startup?

Thanks,
Philip

What iOS build and XBMC build are you using? What did you use to jailbreak?
Hi. Thanks for your response. I use the most recent built of iOS and XBMC nightly. I did the jailbreak with seasonpass.

Enjoy the weekend!
I just reinstalled iOS, intalled nothing but XBMC nightly, same problem Sad

Any ideas?
Ok guys,

I just restored again using seasonpass jailbreak, did nothing but removing the seasonpass button from frontrow, hit "reboot" in shell, same problem: reboot, apple logo, black screen. I can ssh in and hit "killall AppleTV" and frontrow shows up.

I then tried pwnage jb, same issue...

Any ideas how I might find out what the problem is?

Best
nachtzwerg Wrote:Ok guys,

I just restored again using seasonpass jailbreak, did nothing but removing the seasonpass button from frontrow, hit "reboot" in shell, same problem: reboot, apple logo, black screen. I can ssh in and hit "killall AppleTV" and frontrow shows up.

I then tried pwnage jb, same issue...

Any ideas how I might find out what the problem is?

Best

That's pretty odd... haven't heard of anyone having that issue when running iOS 4.3 (8F305) and XBMC compiled in mid May so I'd try it on another TV, or a different HDMI cable just to rule those out at least.

I'd also grab the latest iOS 4.3 (8F305) and restore it via iTunes to make sure the atv2 is completely wiped clean and try Seas0npass again.

Since it's not really something anyone else is seeing the odds are it's something in your environment (tv, HDMI cable, etc) or something in the process you used to jailbreak... just a guess though.
mhh, I was hoping this was a common problem. I will get another ATV soon and try it with this one. Worst case, I'll just have to live with it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 doesn't boot0