Mini-itx boards cooling ?
hi guys , i read here about refitting the cooling duct with new paste really improves temperature ... should that also be the case with a passive board like an asus E35M1-I ?

1st Htpc : LC-power LC1360MI case with MSI E350IA-E45 , 2x2gb patriot , 2tb samsung eco
2nd Htpc : same as above except ASUS E35M1-I Deluxe
You should only attempt this as a last resort.

Most heat issues can be solved with a fan. If you've got good airflow, and the heatsink is cool to touch, but you're still getting crashes and temps over 70°C, then this MIGHT help.

I strongly recommend you try other solutions before attempting this.
Asus AT5IONT-I in an A+ CUPID-3 + 2TB Seagate LP + 16GB SSD + Ubuntu + Samba + XBMC

AT5IONT-I Problems? Check out my Motherboard I/O Map for troubleshooting tips.
well did stresstest for about 10minutes , came on about 80° , wont happen much i presume , max is 95

1st Htpc : LC-power LC1360MI case with MSI E350IA-E45 , 2x2gb patriot , 2tb samsung eco
Was that with good airflow?
Asus AT5IONT-I in an A+ CUPID-3 + 2TB Seagate LP + 16GB SSD + Ubuntu + Samba + XBMC

turns out the program did not read properly , 80° was 62° on asus tool Confused

Odd. What OS are you using?

windows 7 , XBMC does not read out temperature also .. ( its an amd fusion board , maybe that's why the reading was off ) the prog also told me my cpu was 3200mhz :d

with the program from ASUS it was correct so no worries anymore Wink

There's a piece of software called REALtemp or similar. I suggest using this to find out which is correct.

i thrust the ASUS software ( same temp as in bios ... )

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mini-itx boards cooling ?0