ATV2 4.2.2 to 4.1.1
Hi Guys,

Is there a simple way I can replace my friends ATV2 OS from 4.2.2 to 4.1.1?

I have tried using the first version of i-tunes 10 and the following restore exe file: 4.1.0: AppleTV2,1_4.1_8M89_Restore.ipsw

I cant get anything to do this so far, help needed!
Activateav Wrote:Hi Guys,

Is there a simple way I can replace my friends ATV2 OS from 4.2.2 to 4.1.1?

I have tried using the first version of i-tunes 10 and the following restore exe file: 4.1.0: AppleTV2,1_4.1_8M89_Restore.ipsw

I cant get anything to do this so far, help needed!

First, look around this forum. It's stated many times that it's not a jailbreak forum.

Second, you can't do it, unless shsh blobs are saved. Going from your very limited info, I'd say not.

Sorry.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Cranial Wrote:First, look around this forum. It's stated many times that it's not a jailbreak forum.

Second, you can't do it, unless shsh blobs are saved. Going from your very limited info, I'd say not.

Sorry.

Think I may have found a link that explains its not possible.

I didnt mention jailbreak? I just wanna use ATV2s old OS Big Grin
Activateav Wrote:Think I may have found a link that explains its not possible.

Take a look at the jailbreak faq in the stickies... there's info on downgrading in there.
google iFaith ..it was released yesterday . will let you downgrade even if you don't have the blobs
Activateav Wrote:Think I may have found a link that explains its not possible.

Sorry If I seemed a bit short in my reply. You tend to get lazy on an iPhone at work.

What I meant was it can't be done without jailbreaking being involved at some stage.

But this iFaith thing... time to have a look see.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Turb007 Wrote:google iFaith ..it was released yesterday . will let you downgrade even if you don't have the blobs

how ?
iFaith will only allow you to retrieve blobs for the os that is installed on your device

this works because when the device installs the firmware the blobs will remain on the device..
and ifaith can retrieve them from the device...

it will not make blobs for old firmwares Sad
Thanks for all the info

Has anyone tried this??
Activateav Wrote:Is there a simple way I can replace my friends ATV2 OS from 4.2.2 to 4.1.1?

atv2 4.2.2 /w iOS 4.3 (8F305) with the May 16th unofficial XBMC build seems pretty stable to me. Why would you want to go to atv2 4.1.1?

Btw, atv2 4.1.1 runs on iOS 4.2.1 so you'd need this file from iClarified: AppleTV2,1_4.2.1_8C154_Restore.ipsw

Sounds like you may be confusing the Apple TV software version with the iOS version. The Apple TV Software is the application (latest is 4.2.2) and iOS is the OS (latest 4.3 build 8F305) that runs the application. Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_version...Apple_TV_2
jd2157 Wrote:atv2 4.2.2 /w iOS 4.3 (8F305) with the May 16th unofficial XBMC build seems pretty stable to me. Why would you want to go to atv2 4.1.1?

Btw, atv2 4.1.1 runs on iOS 4.2.1 so you'd need this file from iClarified: AppleTV2,1_4.2.1_8C154_Restore.ipsw

Sounds like you may be confusing the Apple TV software version with the iOS version. The Apple TV Software is the application (latest is 4.2.2) and iOS is the OS (latest 4.3 build 8F305) that runs the application. Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_version...Apple_TV_2
XBMC works well on the last firmware, but not doing his video plugins ....youtube...revision3....video devil....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 4.2.2 to 4.1.10