ListItem.SubtitleLanguage
cruzannavy Wrote:2 questions.
the script is workign for me, but i have 2 observations. i dotn beleive this takes into account files tha have 4 cahracters for extensions ie. m2ts ? could i just add another line and say -4 or would it need more coding than that?
this would be a better way to handle that:
http://pastebin.com/8finsf2q

cruzannavy Wrote:also, is there a way to tell the script to fetch the window id and then use that instead of hard coding it to 12003. that way i can use the script on whatever view has focus?

i'm sure there's a way, but why?
just because the id is hardcoded, doesn't mean you can't use
$INFO[Window(MovieInformation).Property(SubtitleInfo)]
everywhere in the skin.

the script has to attach the property to 'some' window, but that doesn't mean the info is only available to that window. :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
1.Thanks Ronie , i have the script working like a champ , just curious though. is it best in your opinion, to have teh script launch when the dialouge window opens? my default button is set to 8 ( play) and then i have the script to run on focus, hence when i am over a movie in wall view and select it, the dialouge window pops up and play is default and the script runs and posts my images nicely next to my other coded flags. is that the best way ?

2. also i dont see how to would allow me to use $INFO[Window(MovieInformation).Property(SubtitleInfo)] in my different views since the script is launched once that ( movieinfo) page is onscreen, so for instance. the wallstream view in confluence display codec along the bottom of the screen that mirror (movie info) but i dont see how i could use that string or codec flag there since it hasnt populated that info yet, since (movieinfo) page and script isnt launch.

3. if i launch the script at another time ( maybe on focus of a movie in wallstream) will it silently load the( mvie info) page in the background pull the info and display the result in the window of focus? ie wallstream? jsut a littel confused there. thanks or does any one have suggestions, right now it works perfectyl with the dialouge screen and im happy there but would like to spread that flagging through my skin.
1.) nope. that way the script will run each time you focus the play button.
better way is to add a hidden button (and make it the defaultcontrol) that will run the script and pass the focus to button "8".

2.) yeah the info is only available after the script has run (see 3.)

3.) if you want the info in your movie library views, you need to modify the script in a way that it monitors the focused listitem (no clue how to do that, check the tvtunes addon) and run the script in MyVideoNav.xml
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
1. gotcha, should of thought of that. ill do that now.
2. k
3. tks, will look into that. as i use tv tunes addon already .tks!
im getting a strange occurence when setting up the button
Code:
<control type="button" id="14">
                        <posx>-1</posx>
                        <posy>-1</posy>
                        <width>1</width>
                        <height>1</height>
                        <onfocus>XBMC.RunScript(script.subtitleinfo,path=&quot;$INFO[ListItem.FileNameAndPath]&quot;)</onfocus>
                        <onfocus>SetFocus(8)</onfocus>
                    </control>

and using

Code:
<window id="2003">
    <defaultcontrol always="true">14</defaultcontrol>

the wallstreamview in confluence pulls the side window open
which has a button 8, and selecets that then opens the dialog window and selects that aswell after, so main focus is on dailog window but the side window is open aswell behind the main window. follow?

should i jsut change the button control number in the side menu (myvideonav.xml) or change it in dialogvideoinfo.xml or should i be using a diffent commnd .. ie. go to window 2003 button 8 instead of set focus(8).
obviously xbmc sees two 8's when opening the dialog window and having myvideonav window open in the background. thanks for the help
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10890
in the mean time i set my play button to (88) and hidden button to (101) vice 14 since 14 was used in dialog window and everything is working great. i jsut dont know if setting my play button to (88) will break something deeper inside, guess ill jsut have to wait and see.

jsut read the trac. so this fix will be in 11.0 as i understand it, is there any way to implement it ..ie tweak the Builtins.cpp the way they did and use it in 10.1?
?
Hello everyone, I'm very interested in this script that you've been developing, I think it's really useful. But I got kinda confused.. Can anyone guide me just a little with this? I mean, is this like an addon? How do I implement it in my skin? I'd appreciate any kind of help please. Thanks in advance!
tonybeccar Wrote:Hello everyone, I'm very interested in this script that you've been developing, I think it's really useful.
i don't think it is, but ok....
i'd rather see some native subtitle detection support than having to use a script for it.

tonybeccar Wrote:But I got kinda confused.. Can anyone guide me just a little with this? I mean, is this like an addon?

not really, just some pieces of code i've been playing with.
it could be wrapped up as an addon though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ListItem.SubtitleLanguage0