Protecting skins from commercial use
Excuse me for being the only one with balls here enough to be blunt about the situation. Fine do nothing. Excuse me for telling you that you guys should stick up for yourselves and not be someone elses bitch. Complain among yourselves rage all you want. Hard to feel sorry for anyone who lets someone treat them like this and not do anything besides talk.

seriously i'm not surprised artists get stolen from, the stereotype of cowardly geek afraid to stand up against a company and go to court
Respect comes to those who are treated with respect. Let a company steal from your and do nothing? what definition does that entitle respect. Do women respect pushovers that do nothing when attacked and rage quietly?
Yeah, you manly man you Rolleyes
You're assuming that:

1. They're doing something that conflicts with the skin's license
  2. They're doing something that conflicts with XBMC's license
  3. They actually undoubtedly stole something
  4. They're doing something illegal
  5. That Hitcher is or should be against it
  6. Anyone actually gives a crap about what you think

Also, try to think at least a minute about what you plan to type. Maybe then you could summarize it in one post instead of posting every couple of minutes.
whatever you only reinforce the idea of cowards too afraid to go to court and defend your property. My future prediction? laugh at what i'm saying and shrug it off to compensate for your frustration at doing nothing

You guys quietly sit rage and do nothing whatsoever. The company keeps using your skin only giving more strength to the fact that you guys are cowards too afraid to go to court and threaten them properly. Simple as that, don't need to be nostradamus to see where this is heading
you got no "balls", I doubt you would call someone a coward to their face!

and your the only one thats raging! get a grip and chill out.
the didn't steal somethingHuh u are seriously deluding yourself. have you seen their homepage showing an obvious xbmc skin? well if you like being robbed so much please leave your wallet around if your so blase about it. Against it? maybe talk to a lawyer and find how much you lost in licensing fees and how much money was potentially stolen from you and then have the same attitude? ;-) trust me when you find out how much money could be gotten your altruistic attitude will change
@mediakill:
Hitcher does obvious not have the same opinion as you have. He doesn't like what happened but he is first reparing the real problem: the license.

But it is his choice since it his work. If you really have a cause, it would make more sense to trouble boxee. Those are the real thieves overhere.
It's good to know there's a internet warrior type lawyer lurking these boards. All this huff and puff for what? You're going about this like you know exactly how these laws work. Please give us a detailed list of why you believe a case exists. If you can not provide this list, I simply see a person with the mentality of a 20something year old thinking they know how the world should run, but in the end have no clue of how it does run.

After your initial rants didn't make the impact you were looking for, you are now coming in here calling people morons. A project that was built around the idea of being free and open source and you're raging about not collecting money from it. Mr. 14 post internet thug person you. What have you given to this community? Anything worth mention? Calling people here morons after they provided you with, I'm sure, several hours worth of entertainment is beyond comprehension.

You are not a lawyer. You have zero credibility to have us believe you know what you are talking about. You have 14 posts of nothing but mostly incoherent rants. You have provided no evidence what so ever showing why you take the stance you do, except something about needing "ballz". and to quote you
Quote:trust me when you find out how much money could be gotten your altruistic attitude will change.
What reason do we have to trust you? If you can't provide clear specific reasons of where a case exists, please.. do us a favor and bugger off.

Trust me when you find out how much time we save by ignoring your future posts, your altrusistic attitude will change.

Also, drop the tough guy attitude. It's not needed nor wanted and doesn't help you get your point across. It's like reading the posts of some typical MMO forum where everyone is a tough guy. bleh
Closed.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Protecting skins from commercial use0