Xbox or AppleTV (1st gen) running xbmc linux
Hi there, I'm trying to decide which setup to go with. What I'd to do is run XBMC but also be able to run a bittorrent client that I can manage remotely and will download to the XBox or ATV harddrive.

Option 1: Xbox running linux. Run XBMC on top of linux (not as a dashboard replacement) Is this possible? Will 64Mb Ram be enough to do this?

Option 2: ATV1 running linux. Run XBMC on top of linux.

Is what I'm asking possible? To run the full linux version of XBMC on the above hardware - not the specific Xbox or ATV versions. The way I see it, is that I can have a little server running at home & I can cue up bittorrent downloads on it.

Will performance be an issue? I don't need hi-def. Normal res media is fine.
Oh crap - I suppose one disadvantage of the ATV is I can't play DVD's... unless I can connect an external DVD drive?
keeny Wrote:Hi there, I'm trying to decide which setup to go with. What I'd to do is run XBMC but also be able to run a bittorrent client that I can manage remotely and will download to the XBox or ATV harddrive.

Option 1: Xbox running linux. Run XBMC on top of linux (not as a dashboard replacement) Is this possible? Will 64Mb Ram be enough to do this?

Option 2: ATV1 running linux. Run XBMC on top of linux.

Is what I'm asking possible? To run the full linux version of XBMC on the above hardware - not the specific Xbox or ATV versions. The way I see it, is that I can have a little server running at home & I can cue up bittorrent downloads on it.

Will performance be an issue? I don't need hi-def. Normal res media is fine.
Its possible however performance would not exactly be tip top. Your better off running the designated version for the devices.
Ah - turns out I can do this: http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/Transmission_on_AppleTV

Which is exactly what I want, so AppleTV it is!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox or AppleTV (1st gen) running xbmc linux0