E350ia-e45
Hi

Sorry for yet another HTPC spec request, but I am wanting to purchase this board.

It will run Win7 64bit and needs to play 1080p + true HD audio etc

I am not going to purchase a mini-itx case just yet so will use a normal case with a 250 watt PSU (is this OK)

Your thoughts?

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/E350IA-E45.html

TIA
i had that board , it will play anything you trow to it Smile

1st Htpc : LC-power LC1360MI case with MSI E350IA-E45 , 2x2gb patriot , 2tb samsung eco
2nd Htpc : same as above except ASUS E35M1-I Deluxe
HansP Wrote:i had that board , it will play anything you trow to it Smile

Great, that's just what I want to hear
the only problem is getting it to work in linux for now but when u'll run windows no worries Wink
it does 720P here with HD audio trough optical @ 15-20% cpu so ...

1st Htpc : LC-power LC1360MI case with MSI E350IA-E45 , 2x2gb patriot , 2tb samsung eco
At this stage I am only wanting windows, but smooth 1080p playback of BR Iso is essential.

Do I need the latest catalyst for this mobo, and if so where do I find it?
i used the one that came on the driverdvd , no problems with it !
check your bios and flash it if it's outdated , it did alot for me in fannoise Smile
( its a quiet board but original bios is max at 65° , new version goes to 80 ( chip can take 95°C ))

HansP Wrote:i used the one that came on the driverdvd , no problems with it !
check your bios and flash it if it's outdated , it did alot for me in fannoise Smile
( its a quiet board but original bios is max at 65° , new version goes to 80 ( chip can take 95°C ))

Thanks for the BIOS headsup.

Does it have HDMi handsaking issues when resuming from sleep. For me that is one of the most irritating issues with HTPC's in general.

Thanks
dont know about that , i'm using VGA on HD ready TV at 1024x768 , seems weird but got HD imaging just fine with it Smile
only have 1 HDMI in Sad

Hi,

You can try http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=104021

It works on XBMCLive and under Linux.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
E350ia-e450