Night 2.0 - Eden Development

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
tbird2340 Offline
Dumb question.. I just updated via GIT and was checking out some views.. I'm missing a lot of them (Landscape for example).. I'm still running an older version of XBMC (shows 10.0.0) but I can't imagine that is the issue.

I didn't disable those views either..

Thanks
find quote
Kokonutcreme Offline
Fan
tbird2340 Wrote:Dumb question.. I just updated via GIT and was checking out some views.. I'm missing a lot of them (Landscape for example).. I'm still running an older version of XBMC (shows 10.0.0) but I can't imagine that is the issue.

I didn't disable those views either..

Thanks

If you're running a Dharma version of XBMC then this Eden development skin won't work flawlessly. You'll need to upgrade to a nightly build.
find quote
tbird2340 Offline
Ok. Thanks much.
find quote
tbird2340 Offline
I updated to 111007 and now XBMC freezes when I choose the profile with the Night skin but works fine with a profile that has a different skin.. Confused
find quote
mcborzu Offline
Skilled Skinner
tbird2340 Wrote:I updated to 111007 and now XBMC freezes when I choose the profile with the Night skin but works fine with a profile that has a different skin.. Confused

Havent check Night in a month, I'll look into it...

[Image: widget]

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
find quote
tbird2340 Offline
So is "Night" separate from "Night 2.0" ? I Just want a working "Night" type skin as it's my favorite. In your previous post you said to upgrade to a nightly which I did but then it broke. Sad

Thanks for the awesome skin!
find quote
Kokonutcreme Offline
Fan
tbird2340 Wrote:So is "Night" separate from "Night 2.0" ? I Just want a working "Night" type skin as it's my favorite. In your previous post you said to upgrade to a nightly which I did but then it broke. Sad

Thanks for the awesome skin!

Yes Night 2.0 is intended to be used with nightly builds only. The standard Night skin is to be used with Dharma. To avoid the skin being automatically updated to Night 2.0, disable the auto update setting in the Add ons menu and just select Notification only.
find quote
tbird2340 Offline
Kokonutcreme Wrote:Yes Night 2.0 is intended to be used with nightly builds only. The standard Night skin is to be used with Dharma. To avoid the skin being automatically updated to Night 2.0, disable the auto update setting in the Add ons menu and just select Notification only.

I updated to 111007 and I downloaded the latest (I thought) from github from this address git://github.com/bartowski/skin.night.git.

Is that not night 2.0? It's the link in your first post of this thread.

Thanks
find quote
tbird2340 Offline
Anyone have a link to Night 2.0 please?
find quote
mcborzu Offline
Skilled Skinner
git://github.com/bartowski/skin.night.git

And then following the instructions here worked for me, just installed a fresh copy. Profiles worked for me also..

[Image: widget]

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
find quote
vandelay Offline
Love this skin....

Two questions:
does anyone know where I can locate the section in fonts for my rss news feed (it's way too small)? Also, the font for the recently showed stuff?

Secondly, is there a way to add more view options? There are a few views here:
http://passion-xbmc.org/influence/les-vu...s-(night)/

That I'd like for this skin...

Thanks!!!
find quote
Chris! Offline
Donor
In episode view:
[Image: episode.png]
the left hand side of the text is slightly faded, also I find episode thumbs aren't very detailed. Would look better if the episode picture in the middle was slightly smaller which could then move the text right a bit.

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
find quote
skabyss Offline
I noticed a couple bugs with the current eden version.. Seems that the volume dialog always shows full volume even after adjusting, also when selecting 'Music' from the home screen, it will always bring me to a jukebox display mode that doesnt respond to any button but 'back' (android remote) which brings it back to the library root folder.

Anybody else experiencing these issues? Would love to see more development!

Also is the ball still rolling on this skin? Looks like there hasn't been any official support for it in nearly 6 months.. :sadface:
(This post was last modified: 2011-12-09 10:40 by skabyss.)
find quote
darkscout Offline
Posting Freak
You no longer seem to be in Passion's repository.

[Image: aeKO.jpeg]
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
find quote
jasonlcox Offline
skabyss Wrote:Also is the ball still rolling on this skin? Looks like there hasn't been any official support for it in nearly 6 months.. :sadface:

Yeah, this is my favourite skin, simple but stylish - I hope it hasn't been abandoned.
find quote