Night 2.0 - Eden Development
I actually came here to post a thread asking why I can't find the Night skin in Edens 11 Add-On browser and now I guess this answers my question.

However, the skin is perfect for my setup so I'm willing to downgrade XBMC to accommodate it. Can anyone tell me what's the absolute highest version of XBMC to still support the Night skin?

Also, I need the version that has a port for the Xbox version of XMBC as well since that's where I'll end up using this skin the most. Just using PC to test setups right now.

Thanks!
Quote:From what I understand mcborzu is working on an entirely new skin and this has been moved to the back burner for now.

Any idea what that may be? Night is fav skin as well.

If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
(2012-03-30, 00:30)Ashex Wrote: I've got a few bugs:
  • The volume graphic no longer works, shows 100% no matter if it's turned up or down.

• When I launch the PseudoTV script from the home screen then stop it, I can't navigate, have to hit a shortcut button on my remote to do anything (not sure which is responsible)
  • No support for movie set management.

OK, I've corrected the first 2 bugs you've listed. As for movie set management, I don't use that, so I'd need more info before I do anything about that. I'll upload Night 2.0.0 on my repo today, so look for it in the next few hours.

I've also corrected the bug related to the use of Logo Panel, listed here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1065223

edit - Ok, Night for Eden is uploaded in my repo (see sig). Here's the thread if you want to list bugs, etc...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1125206
Everywhere I look everyone is saying that the skins are available in the repo. Try as I may, I can't see them. I'm on stock EDEN install in Windows7. Am I missing out on something here? Is the repo not the one that comes pre configured with XBMC? Am I supposed to add a different one?
If you're talking about my repo, it's not the same as the default XBMC.org repo. Look at my sig and install the repo file (http://xbmc-repo-balinus.googlecode.com/...alinus.zip).

For installation... go in XBMC, then settings, then "Add-on". Click on install from zip file and locate the downloaded zip file. Then, "Get add-ons", then "Balinus repository", "Skin" etc..
(2012-07-27, 02:03)Balinus Wrote: If you're talking about my repo, it's not the same as the default XBMC.org repo. Look at my sig and install the repo file (http://xbmc-repo-balinus.googlecode.com/...alinus.zip).

For installation... go in XBMC, then settings, then "Add-on". Click on install from zip file and locate the downloaded zip file. Then, "Get add-ons", then "Balinus repository", "Skin" etc..

Why, yes! Yes, that was the issue. Now I finally see what I've been doing wrong all this time. Thanks for the tip.
I LOVE this skin but found an issue. I couldn't play files that had commas in the path. The following solution was suggested

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1215896

Hope it makes more sense to you than it does to me...for now

So I found how to fix it if you dont want to wait for the master version to be fixed

Edit the following lines in the following files....in each case, change
Code:
$INFO
to
Code:
$ESCINFO

C:\Users\_your_username_\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.night.eden.svn\720p\DialogVideoInfo.xml
Line 741

C:\Users\_your_username_\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.night.eden.svn\720p\Viewtype_Slide.xml
Line 110
(and Line 109 if it is likely trailers have commas in them)

C:\Users\_your_username_\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.night.eden.svn\720p\Includes.xml
MANY lines (search for "PlayMedia" without the quotes) though as I dont use those functions I havent bothered to change them

Hope this helps anyone who got stuck as I did
Thanks for the thorough explanations!

I'll make the relevant modifications in the next days...
I thought I would take the chance to throw in a few fixes if you haven't already finalized your next release. These are three fixes for movie sets. The three problems are summarized as follows:

1) The Movie Set icon (blue clapboard) is no longer appearing on the bottom right of movie thumbnails due to a bugged visibility condition.

2) The word MovieSet should show up below a set title, but the same broken visibility condition causes it to never display.

3) Movie Sets are showing a rating of NR as if they were a movie (missing visibility condition)

In any given viewtype file (e.g. Viewtype_Poster.xml) you have 2 visibility tags for the movie set icon that appears to visually denote an item as part of a set (2 in each viewtype file). Modification 1 fixes both lines. Modifications 2 and 3 are one line each.

File Viewtype_Poster.xml and ALL OTHER VIEWTYPE files with their corresponding lines.
Path skin.night.eden.svn\720p\Viewtype_Poster.xml
Notes These modifications affect other Viewtype files and can be adapted to fix them in a similar fashion.

Modification # 1
Name Video library - Movie Set Icon Fix - Invisibility Bug
Explanation When viewing a list which contains media that has been grouped into a set, the icon that the skin uses to visually differentiate the set from nonset items is not visible in the current release due to a single, broken condition in the visibility tag. This fix will correct the broken condition by substituting a corrected tag to stay compatible. The fix specifically involves replacing the now broken visibility condition: IsEmpty(ListItem.foldername) with the correct check: SubString(ListItem.Path,videodb://1/7) The IsEmpty method no longer successfully returns true for moviesets, but the path check for "videodb://1/7" appears to correctly identify a movie set. The condition !substring(Container.Listitem.Label,..,left) was unintentionally marking the parent directory listitem with a movie set icon when another movie set was actually focused. This has also been removed.

Location Line 141
Old Entry <visible>Container.Content(movies) + IsEmpty(ListItem.foldername) + !substring(Container.Listitem.Label,..,left) + !Container.Content(genres) + Window.IsActive(videolibrary)</visible>

New Entry <visible>Container.Content(movies) + SubString(ListItem.Path,videodb://1/7) + !Container.Content(genres) + Window.IsActive(videolibrary)</visible>

Location Line 295
Old Entry <visible>Container.Content(movies) + IsEmpty(ListItem.foldername) + !substring(Container.Listitem.Label,..,left) + !Container.Content(genres) + Window.IsActive(videolibrary)</visible>

New Entry <visible>Container.Content(movies) + SubString(ListItem.Path,videodb://1/7) + !Container.Content(genres) + Window.IsActive(videolibrary)</visible>

Modification # 2
Name Video library - Movie Set Label Fix - Invisible Identifying Label
Explanation Within previous functionality, whenever a list item representing a movie set was selected, label localization 31508 (english string "MovieSet") was shown beneath the title of the movie set collection. In current functionality this label is no longer visible due to a broken visibility condition. This fix specifically reassigns the broken visibility condition: IsEmpty(ListItem.foldername) to the new condition: SubString(ListItem.Path,videodb://1/7) which will now accurately identify the list item as a movie set. Note this fix also deletes the conditon: !Skin.HasSetting(Poster_Fanart) which seems incorrectly evaluates to false. If you plan on keeping it in, you'll have to find out where it broke.

Location Line 442
Old Entry <visible>IsEmpty(ListItem.foldername) + !Skin.HasSetting(Poster_Fanart) + !Skin.HasSetting(clean_poster) + !substring(Container.Listitem.Label,..,left) + Container.Content(movies) + Window.IsActive(videolibrary)</visible>

New Entry <visible>SubString(ListItem.Path,videodb://1/7) + !Skin.HasSetting(clean_poster) + !substring(Container.Listitem.Label,..,left) + Container.Content(movies) + Window.IsActive(videolibrary)</visible>

Modification # 3
Name Video library - Movie Set Label Fix - Unintended Movie Rating Icon Fix
Explanation Within previous functionality, whenever a list item representing a movie set was selected, no movie rating was shown due to the possibility of containing films with varying ratings. In current functionality, a rating of NR is shown for every movie set due to a missing visibility condition that would correctly identify movie sets and hide the ratings for them. This fix specifically adds the visibility condition: !SubString(ListItem.Path,videodb://1/7) which will evaluate to false for movie sets and therefore correctly hide the ratings label for movie sets.

Location Line 462
Old Entry <visible>Container.Content(movies) + !Skin.HasSetting(clean_poster) + ![Player.HasVideo | substring(container.folderpath,plugin://plugin.video.apple.movie.trailers.lite)]</visible>

New Entry <visible>Container.Content(movies) + !Skin.HasSetting(clean_poster) + !SubString(ListItem.Path,videodb://1/7) + ![Player.HasVideo | substring(container.folderpath,plugin://plugin.video.apple.movie.trailers.lite)]</visible>

Thanks for making the skin. I think that makes my second post of things I've given you to look into so I'll just keep quiet now.
This skin looks absolutely incredible, love the simplicity of the main menu!

Anyhow i tried to install this on my openelec 2.0 system from the zip file here, and it says that the addon is in the wrong file structure?!?

Also i can not find this skin in my current repository!!

Can someone please help me get this working?

thanks
is it possible to use this skin with xbmc 12 frodo for live tv?
I also want to use it in frodo, is it possible?
Where can i download the right version?
(2013-03-30, 15:06)g.scholtens Wrote: I also want to use it in frodo, is it possible?

Yes, I want to use it, too.
A hint would be great!
Thanks!
(2013-09-03, 19:00)frotzamuta Wrote:
(2013-03-30, 15:06)g.scholtens Wrote: I also want to use it in frodo, is it possible?

A hint would be great!
Thanks!

Everything is here : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=126502

And here : http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...the_images

Basically, you change the xbmc.gui in addon.xml and update the call to images. For example, iof Night needs to show a poster, you put "ListItem.Art(poster)" instead of thew old way of calling the poster.
(2013-09-03, 19:33)Balinus Wrote:
(2013-09-03, 19:00)frotzamuta Wrote:

A hint would be great!
Thanks!

Everything is here : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=126502

And here : http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...the_images

Basically, you change the xbmc.gui in addon.xml and update the call to images. For example, iof Night needs to show a poster, you put "ListItem.Art(poster)" instead of thew old way of calling the poster.

So is that the only file that needs to be updated? I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing when it comes to coding....but I really miss this skin.

Anybody have time to update this for Frodo? Maybe a bribe...err donation?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Night 2.0 - Eden Development0