Cannot connect to tvheadend (opdenkamp's version)
Hi guys,

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. First, I installed XBMC for ubuntu 10.10 from ppa:lars-opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr. Then I compiled VDR 1.7.16 from the sources and also the corresponding VNSI plugin. The VDR and XBMC combo works fine, but not very stable. So I wanted to give tvheadend a try.

Then I additionally installed tvheadend 2.12.svn5683 also from ppa:lars-opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr (of course without starting VDR in this case). BTW, all processes (XBMC and tvheadend) are running on the same machine. However, I am not able to connect to tvheadend's 9981 port via http://localhost:9981. I checked the running processes and tvheadend is running. Then I ran a port scan on 9981 and 9982 using nmap and it reported that both ports are closed. So it seems that although the tvheadend process is running, it does not offer any service on 9981/9982. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Many thanks.

cheers,
atze
pastebin your full xbmc debug log please.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Hi dushmaniac,

thanks for you fast reply.

Sorry for my (perhaps) naive question, but if I am not even able to establish a connection to tvheadend using a browser (http://localhost:9981), do you think that the xbmc debug log would contain any usefull information?

Unfortunately, tvheadend doesn't even show up if I run 'netstat -an'. I would expect that netstat reports tvheadend listening on ports 9981 and/or 9982. I was wondering if there is any configuration file that might influence this behaviour.

cheers,
atze
eh no Smile

In that case, post your problem on the tvheadend forum: http://www.lonelycoder.com/redmine/proje...end/boards

I'm sure somebody will be able to help you.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

Hi There!

I have a similar problem. I use openelec with the TV-Headend Plugin.

The problem is that i cant connect to the configurationpage

The tvheadend is enabled and i get a ping from the openelec machine but i can't open the configuration page.

192.168.178.24:9981 Maybe there problems with the port?

If i connect only to the IP i get the following site:

same answer: post your question on tvheadend's forum. this is a problem with tvheadend, not xbmc.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

I updatet on a new openelec version, that solved my problem Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot connect to tvheadend (opdenkamp's version)0