(Request) Can someone please Compile RTMP
Lightbulb 
The version in the stable Apple TV release is outdated and not working for many add ons. If someone with the knowledge can recompile the latest rtmp, it will bring streaming back for many by simply replacing a single file. I have done so with the Windows build, and I was in the money. I put this out as a friendly beg (:

RTMPDump home

EDIT:

Thanks to Bluecop for compiling this version, I have a lot of streaming add ons working again. Send him all the thanks, I'm just the messenger!

New Version. Supports RTMPE 9, brings back Hulu among other sites!
BlueCop Wrote:I compiled the 2.4 git for atv2/ios
librtmp 2.4 for atv2/ios

Simply copy it to /private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks
I also updated hulu and it was working nicely on an atv2 with 720p 3500kbps Hulu+ streams.

Hopefully now that they have labeled it version 2.4 on the git they will update their tarball so it can be incorporated into the build process.

Oudated version, kept in the thread for unknown reasons. Use the one above (:
Bluecop Wrote:try this librtmp. Replace the existing file in "/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks" on your atv2. that should fix the handshake issue. It should also work on ios but I am not sure the exact place to put it.
Posted in his add on thread for Free Cable
+1
+1
mrdally204 ... but librtmp 2.3 (which we are using) is the latest official release of librtmp ... you mean their current trunk version?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
upstream for librtmp needs to push out an new stable release. please ask them to do that and we will update to it. Trying to chase upstream git versions is not what we really want to be doing.
Memphiz Wrote:mrdally204 ... but librtmp 2.3 (which we are using) is the latest official release of librtmp ... you mean their current trunk version?

Yes, I believe it is their current trunk version.

davilla,
I understand your concern, I was simply stating this on the forum if by chance someone with the knowledge/means to compile it would do so for us. I was not asking it to be added to the nightly, just to have a compiled/updated RTMP to replace the one already on our ATV2 to bring back a lot of streams.
mrdally204 Wrote:Yes, I believe it is their current trunk version.

davilla,
I understand your concern, I was simply stating this on the forum if by chance someone with the knowledge/means to compile it would do so for us. I was not asking it to be added to the nightly, just to have a compiled/updated RTMP to replace the one already on our ATV2 to bring back a lot of streams.

It doesn't work that way as far as I know. You would have to replace the current one and recompile the entire project.

It's a little harder than on other platforms, where you can swap a .so or .dll and call it good.

What if the trunk handles xyz feature differently? What if the latest random trunk build breaks functionality XBMC uses?

Keep in mind XBMC uses a ton (and I do mean ton) of dependencies. So if librtmp guys aren't taking the time to vet a release enough to make it stable, the folks here probably aren't going to take the time to vet it themselves to verify some random oneoff trunk build of librtmp.

You have the knowledge/means to compile it. It's all right here, in front of you, feel free to take a stab at it and let us know how it goes. You can start your own unofficial build. Smile

So you have 2 real options here:
1) Start your own testing group for librtmp and help them get their release to stable so the team will officially include it
2) Setup XCode, git clone XBMC repo and setup ATV2 stuff. It's really not hard at all. Find a working copy of librtmp. Get it working. Release a build or three. Then write a patch to allow the inclusion of said release to update librtmp. This may or may not be accepted, since it'll still be a random one off build.

My vote's on 1. If I can do it, so can you. Smile Good luck! Look forward to the feedback.
Keith, as it turns out it does indeed work that way (: Thanks to Bluecop for compiling this version, I have a lot of streaming add ons working again. Send him all the thanks, I'm just the messenger!

Bluecop Wrote:try this librtmp. Replace the existing file in "/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks" on your atv2. that should fix the handshake issue. It should also work on ios but I am not sure the exact place to put it.

mrdally204 Wrote:Keith, as it turns out it does indeed work that way (: Thanks to Bluecop for compiling this version, I have a lot of streaming add ons working again. Send him all the thanks, I'm just the messenger!

Perhaps we should include this in one of the stickies since it is a work around for an iOS/ATV2 specific issue. Maybe under one of the FAQs. A lot of people have been asking about this.
Ned Scott Wrote:Perhaps we should include this in one of the stickies since it is a work around for an iOS/ATV2 specific issue. Maybe under one of the FAQs. A lot of people have been asking about this.

Done!

Added to the first post in the "[AppleTV2/iOS] Official build FAQ/info/issues" thread

Quote:[*] [NEW] Some RTMP streams are not working because the version of librtmp packaged with xbmc for iOS/ATV2 is not the most up-to-date version available. To update librtmp download and transfer it over to XBMC as described in THIS POST
procrastinator Wrote:Done!

Added to the first post in the "[AppleTV2/iOS] Official build FAQ/info/issues" thread

Very awesome, thank you.

Also, I can confirm this fix works on the iPhone/iPod/iPad build. Just remember that it will have to be applied each time you update XBMC as that file will get overwritten.
Just an update, there is a new version of RTMP which can support RTMPE 9 handshake. This should bring back Hulu to Apple TV 2/iOS. Bluecop is aware of it and plans to compile it (I think Smile Stay tuned to this thread and I will post the details once he does so. Please do not flood his thread with posts about it, keep them here.
working on ATV 2!

keep up the good work!
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
I compiled the 2.4 git for atv2/ios
librtmp 2.4 for atv2/ios
I also updated hulu and it was working nicely on an atv2 with 720p 3500kbps Hulu+ streams.

Hopefully now that they have labeled it version 2.4 on the git they will update their tarball so it can be incorporated into the build process.
Thanks BlueCop! Works great on both my ATV2 and my iPhone running the July 11th unofficial nightly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(Request) Can someone please Compile RTMP0