Update messed up my work
Sad 
I did some modifications to the night skin, it took me several hours.
Today I started XBMC and the skin was updated. All my work is gone now.

Is it possible to get the last version before the update back?
yes, but not with your customized settings. If you want to have a custom version, you might want to change the name of your skin (skin.night.custom) and edit the addon.xml to say skin.night.custom instead of skin.night.
It's gone. Poof, disappeared. When it updates it unzips the data to the folder, everything is over written.

If you want to do custom stuff, fork it.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
What if the updated version crashes XBMC? Is it possible to make a backup within the update process (saving the old addon files in a zip file)?
Holmer Wrote:What if the updated version crashes XBMC? Is it possible to make a backup within the update process (saving the old addon files in a zip file)?

nope
isamu.dragon Wrote:nope
Not good.
But at least I found a backup of my mod.

I made a copy of the "skin.night" folder, called ist "skin.night2" and changed its id and name in the addon.xml.

Is that enough to tell XBMC not to update this skin?
Yes.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Why don't you just go into addons and turn off auto update and just leave notify enabled ?

Its good practice to always make a backup not just when your finished but before you change something
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
I think i may be missing something, but after changing the skin folder name and in addon.xml, I cant get the skin to work in xbmc. It doesnt show up in the skin browser even after editing the skin name in guisettings.xml.

edit: must have been a typo, tried again on a test build and it worked fine.
The debug log will probably tell you why.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update messed up my work0