Audio Scrapper?
Does anyone know of an Audio/CD scrapper that does the same as Ember does for movies?

I've tried Audio-Matic but I dont really want to download music.... I ripped my CD collection years ago but it has massive amounts of information missing.

It was the good old days of WinAmp with a cassette tape adapter in my car stereo and a laptop in the glovebox! Laugh
Anyone use one?

Just tried Media Monkey and its not really what I want....Sad
just fill in the metadata (includes covers) of your music using standard apps, xbmc will pick it up I think.

A good one is musicbrainz' picard.
Hmmm another odd piece of software... but thanks anyway... I open my music folder and end up with one big list of separate tracks... Huh

So there is nothing like Ember Media Manager for CD Albums that anyone uses?

Use Folder name for lookup etc...?
i saw a guy in the dumpster this morning. try looking nearby such things yourself. that's where your scrappers are at.
Spiff I would expect no lesser help from yourself... I realized my mistake but couldn't change it....

Another thing we say in English... "if you have nothing useful to say....." Man of your intelligence I'll let you guess the rest.

Thanks anyway
Geeba Wrote:Hmmm another odd piece of software... but thanks anyway... I open my music folder and end up with one big list of separate tracks... Huh

So there is nothing like Ember Media Manager for CD Albums that anyone uses?

Use Folder name for lookup etc...?
Did you look at it more than 1 minute ? Let alone did you read the manual/tutorial ?

You can cluster those files into albums based on the existing metadata and or filenames. Heck, you can even do lookups based on the contents (wavelet magic) itself. There doesn't exist automagically software. If you are sure the filenames and directories are all named ok, mp3tagger might (big iff) be more suited to the task I believe (no experience with it).

In contrast to many people, I just love spiff.
Indeed the ever helpful Spiff..... he has come out with some interesting help over the years...

Yep I did look at the tut and tried a few clusters... but I have somewhere in the region of 50Gb of music missing part of or all info.... I just dont have the free time to manually add all this info.
I found that when using music brainz that if I added an artist one at a time that it was easier to cluster the albums and make sure they were correct. Rather than adding a whoe directory and looking at a whole bunch of errors.
If you would like, I could add the feature you're requesting into Audio-Matic. I will be adding an option to create XBMC nfo files soon and will also be adding an "suggest/update tags" feature soon as well... so it wouldn't take much more to add what you're suggesting... just be patient though. my to do list has become rather extensive and my coding time lately has been sparse.
That's great news compcentral, look forward to it! Wink
This may be a strange question but i'm wondering why almost everybody refers to scrapers as "scrappers"? Eek

English isn't my first language but it should be scrapers, with one "p", right?

I'm starting to doubt myself now... Big Grin
That wouold be great. Can't wait for nfo support
Yes Devaron you are correct - the ever helpful Spiff had already pointed out the TYPO!

You can’t edit the title of the thread as far as I'm aware.... I only realized my MISTAKE after I had pressed the submit button.

It’s a forum people not an English lesson.
why not scan on one computer (laptop or HTPC) your music folder, get all the right information scraped in that instance of XBMC and export the library as Separate Files, and Export Thumbnails & Fanart?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Scrapper?0